Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: Letterboxing anyone?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone. Long time!

Over the last couple of years, I have become rather addicted to letterboxing. I dropped it for a while, not being able to get out on the trails much, but this summer my interest in it has come back with a vengeance. I am wondering if any of you are letterboxers.

For those of you unfamiliar, letterboxing is a treasure hunt game. It involves finding letterboxes that are (typically) hidden in nature somewhere. A letterbox consists of a carved rubber stamp and a log book. A letterboxer has a signature stamp, and his/her own log. The idea is to find clues online (and other places) and to seek out these boxes. Once found, the person stamps his/her stamp into the log of the box, and stamps the letterbox stamp into his/her log book. Letterboxes are hidden all over the United States and in many other countries as well.

I enjoy finding them, and more recently, planting them.

It's similar to geocaching, but does not require a gps.

Anyone? =)

~Dais
Dais! Wow, it HAS been a while! Never heard of letterboxing. Geocaching is still pretty big here, especially in the forest. I'll have to look it up.
Hope all is well with you!
Wait, something "fun" to do that doesn't require an electronic device! How retro! Smile That's pretty neat...never heard of it before. I'm gonna look it up too!
Check out AtlastQuest.com and letterboxing.org. My trail name is JEDS.

I'm heading over to read the pages of replies from my last post that I did not realize were there until yesterday.....

~D
Reference URL's