Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: September Colorado Trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going to be exploring CO the 2nd week of September.....YES!!!!!!!! Gonna be hitting pavement AND gravel. Details to follow soon.Big Grin
Sweet SG!!!!
A road trip is a wonderful thing.
Finally gonna get the cobwebs out eh? Sounds awesome!!
Excellent, SG!
Ok, here are some details: We will trailer our bikes out to Golden, CO on Saturday. Then we unload the bikes, and take off on Sunday. We will hit 12 passes as of now, including Ophir Pass, Panamis, and The Oh My God Road. It will be nothing hardcore, as he's on a KTM 950 Adventure and wants to keep it easy, and I am not interested in any hardcore BDR type riding. We want to be able to stop, photograph, and enjoy the scenery. He did the COBDR last September, and was rushed, wiped out multiple times and didn't get to photo scenery as much as he wanted.
(07-13-2014 05:16 PM)smoker guy Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, here are some details: We will trailer our bikes out to Golden, CO on Saturday. Then we unload the bikes, and take off on Sunday. We will hit 12 passes as of now, including Ophir Pass, Panamis, and The Oh My God Road. It will be nothing hardcore, as he's on a KTM 950 Adventure and wants to keep it easy, and I am not interested in any hardcore BDR type riding. We want to be able to stop, photograph, and enjoy the scenery. He did the COBDR last September, and was rushed, wiped out multiple times and didn't get to photo scenery as much as he wanted.

Sigh....It looks as if Colorado is not meant for this year. The trip has been cancelled as the guy I'm going with isn't able to get the time off from his work now. Maybe some future year. Dodgy
(07-31-2014 01:48 PM)smoker guy Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-13-2014 05:16 PM)smoker guy Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, here are some details: We will trailer our bikes out to Golden, CO on Saturday. Then we unload the bikes, and take off on Sunday. We will hit 12 passes as of now, including Ophir Pass, Panamis, and The Oh My God Road. It will be nothing hardcore, as he's on a KTM 950 Adventure and wants to keep it easy, and I am not interested in any hardcore BDR type riding. We want to be able to stop, photograph, and enjoy the scenery. He did the COBDR last September, and was rushed, wiped out multiple times and didn't get to photo scenery as much as he wanted.

Sigh....It looks as if Colorado is not meant for this year. The trip has been cancelled as the guy I'm going with isn't able to get the time off from his work now. Maybe some future year. Dodgy

Compatible riding partners are hard to find...probably why I ride solo 90% of the time. Maybe solo Colorado is an option for you?
If it was all pavement, I would solo trip it, but with all the gravel mountain passes(12), and my lack of knowledge in fixing a flat, and the lack of pump and tools, it is not a venture I want to try. We will be getting together soon to re-plan the trip for next year though. No biggie. Wink
Big bummer having to reschedule, I was getting psyched for you, and looking forward to your reports! Alas like your friend, I have been hit with the tied to work syndrome and all vacationing set aside for quite some time. I can dream! (And I do) But it doesn't satisfy like the real thing. Maybe the 4 weeks I have banked will pay off late this year or in the spring. Cheers!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's