Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: Sourdough Starter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I cheated on this one by using yeast. The purists say never to use yeast. It is my "pet" as I have kept it alive for over 2 years.

[attachment=31]
I love this stuff. My mom used to keep starter all the time, and I would bug her about once a month to fire up the oven.
I miss that woman - she could cook like no one else.... 'cept maybe Paula Dean.

By the way - I'm sure I haven't spoken to you until now.... so... welcome brown!
My mom used to keep a big ol' vat of this stuff in the back of the fridge. Every Saturday morning we had sourdough pancakes.....one of the many things I WISH my mom would make again.

Welcome to our neighborhood brown!!!
Good Lord Boomer - that sounds wonderful! Sourdough pancakes???!! <drooooOOOOool)
They are awesome awesome soooo darn good. 'Nuff said.....especially after a day of snowmobiling.
I've done sourdough chocolate brownies. If interested I'll post the recipe I got it off a site that was all about sourdough.
Post Away .....chocolate brownies in sourdough? Ohhhhhh yeah baby!
(12-11-2010 07:46 AM)2Beers Wrote: [ -> ]I've done sourdough chocolate brownies. If interested I'll post the recipe I got it off a site that was all about sourdough.

*raises hand* Me - I'm interested!! Tongue
Those sound yummy!!
I'm interested in that recipe! Brownies are never refused in this house!
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's