Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: Red Barchetta
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Have been traveling through Italy with my bicycle and camera and appetite. I stumbled upon the 1000 mile classic car rally Sunday in Sienna. I'm not a Ferrari expert but I believe this is a Red Barchetta, No? Also, had the most wonderful Tuscan meal at La Romita in the village of Montisi. Organic olive oil the owner makes is the best I ever tasted. Arugula salad with pecorino, pine nuts and olive oil was sublime!
I am so envious. Do you mind if I take a vicarious seat on one of your panniers? Keep these posts coming, it's a lot of fun..Don't know about the Red Barchetta though. Stay safe and be careful.
Wineguy, you are correct. The Red Barchetta is an early 1950 Ferrari 166 MM (which you have pictured), and it is worth a whole lot of money!! Besides the wonderful food you had in Tuscany, I would love to know what excellent wines you sampled? Any Barolo's or Amarones??
I've always pictured a red Ferrari, but had no idea the year or model. WOW! "I strip away the old debris, that hides a shining car, a brilliant Red Barchetta from a better, vanished time." While it's no Ferrari, I own a 1966 Corvette roadster in Sunfire yellow, and love "firing up the willing engine, responding with a roar"..."sunlight on chrome, the blur of the landscape, every nerve aware" Interactive ART, baby!!!!
(05-11-2010 06:25 PM)corbinator2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Wineguy, you are correct. The Red Barchetta is an early 1950 Ferrari 166 MM (which you have pictured), and it is worth a whole lot of money!! Besides the wonderful food you had in Tuscany, I would love to know what excellent wines you sampled? Any Barolo's or Amarones??

No Barolo's or Amorones yet on this trip as all my time has been spent in Tuscany but I did have a wonderful wine from south of Montalcino called, 2003 Castello Colle Massari, Montecucco, Rosso Reserva. 80% Sangiovesse with 10% Cab and 10% Ciliegiolo. It was marvelous. Like a Brunello, but a bit lighter with an amazing long finish. Just the right fruit acid balance. A little remencient of Howell mountain (Napa) but not as dense or dark. Just wonderful
(05-12-2010 12:44 AM)wineguy Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-11-2010 06:25 PM)corbinator2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Wineguy, you are correct. The Red Barchetta is an early 1950 Ferrari 166 MM (which you have pictured), and it is worth a whole lot of money!! Besides the wonderful food you had in Tuscany, I would love to know what excellent wines you sampled? Any Barolo's or Amarones??

No Barolo's or Amorones yet on this trip as all my time has been spent in Tuscany but I did have a wonderful wine from south of Montalcino called, 2003 Castello Colle Massari, Montecucco, Rosso Reserva. 80% Sangiovesse with 10% Cab and 10% Ciliegiolo. It was marvelous. Like a Brunello, but a bit lighter with an amazing long finish. Just the right fruit acid balance. A little remencient of Howell mountain (Napa) but not as dense or dark. Just wonderful

I am soo jealous!! What towns in Tuscany are you visiting? We had a wonderful wine from San Gimignano (Tenuta Mormoraia 1999) that was unbelievable. There is a great wine bar in Philadelphia that my wife and I have visited called Panarama, did a tasting of various Italian and French reds. Can't wait to hear more....living vicariously thru your emails. Smile
Ahh, to enjoy a rather simple pace ride through parts of the world. What a great thing to do!
I'm drooling now.......can't pin down exactly what for though. Probably some for some Tuscan cheese and bread first......next some 'grapejuice', then, whatever happens after that happens............ahhhhhhTongue
(05-12-2010 06:06 PM)corbinator2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2010 12:44 AM)wineguy Wrote: [ -> ]

I am soo jealous!! What towns in Tuscany are you visiting? We had a wonderful wine from San Gimignano (Tenuta Mormoraia 1999) that was unbelievable. There is a great wine bar in Philadelphia that my wife and I have visited called Panarama, did a tasting of various Italian and French reds. Can't wait to hear more....living vicariously thru your emails. Smile

This week I am exploring the region around Tuscany and making plans for next week. Sienna, Pienzeand Montelpulciano are favorites so far, but the non-tourist towns like Montisi and Castelmuzio are captivating. Makes me think of what it must have been like to live here 600 years ago.
Thinking of leaving here after the Giro D'Itlalia comes through on Saturday and spending a few days in the Maremma. Then the Amalfi Coast and Sardinia and who knows where from there.
You guys have visited some of the most interesting places in italy. I love those wines too. They have captured the mediterranean sun. What do you think about the chianti? Tuscany is the main chianti area. in
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's