Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: Arrrrrhh.... RUM!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
The reason Jamaicans are always smiling (well.... one reason)
Nectar of the Rasta jungle gods...

[Image: appleton.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Having BEEN to the Bahamas.....I'd say thats a pretty safe conclusion.....of course sailors have a soft spot for rum, too.

Not that I ever.....
Ya know what's odd about this stuff? When I am there, I can literally drink this all day - and I don't get smashed.
However, home? ... a couple of jolts lying next to the fireplace? Pffffttt.

"Cujo!"

...."Forget it Muffy."
(12-07-2010 08:15 PM)Mufasa Wrote: [ -> ]Ya know what's odd about this stuff? When I am there, I can literally drink this all day - and I don't get smashed.
However, home? ... a couple of jolts lying next to the fireplace? Pffffttt.

"Cujo!"

...."Forget it Muffy."

Ooooo "Muffy"?Big Grin
MUFFY?!?!?
She always has some sort of jab ready for me - usually due to paintball. She seems to think that I have "age issues", and that I
push myself so hard on the field because I know that I'm not a kid anymore.
I usually tell her, "YOU are the one with age issues, you little blond smurf! I, on the other hand - am perfectly fine with being nearly 50.... just like I'm perfectly fine with you being (insert deranged sneer from her here).... 30."
She kisses me on the cheek and tells me to get my paintball sh!t out of her living room...

And it is true - age is a number to me... It's the limits that my mileage has placed on me that I have issues with.
It isnt the age... its the mileage. I still act like a kid a lot, but my body is reminding me....that big 5-0 is not too far off dude. Slow down.

I think thats how I got sick.
As long as you feel well enough to, stay active. My grandparents stayed active after my granddad retired. They went dancing every weekend, traveled a lot, made a lot of friends and entertained. They didn't slow down until they reached their mid 80's.

I hope to do more than just sit around the house once the kids are gone.
(12-07-2010 11:35 PM)Bageleth Wrote: [ -> ]As long as you feel well enough to, stay active. My grandparents stayed active after my granddad retired. They went dancing every weekend, traveled a lot, made a lot of friends and entertained. They didn't slow down until they reached their mid 80's.

I hope to do more than just sit around the house once the kids are gone.

My parents are still active (as they can be)...they are 80 and 85. They own their home and still do all of the yard work and housework. My mom uses her healthrider for an hour a day, takes the dogs on walks. My dad has trouble getting around. He moves slow, but refuses to let that stop him.
(12-07-2010 07:59 PM)Mufasa Wrote: [ -> ]The reason Jamaicans are always smiling (well.... one reason)
Nectar of the Rasta jungle gods...

[Image: appleton.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

A friend of ours to try this rum after he returned from Jamaica. We have yet to...maybe soon. I have been partial to martinis lately...as well as the different microbrews in the area.
We have a local wine and fine spirits shop here in town that carries just about anything from rotgut Jim Beam to30 yr old highlands single malt (at $1200 per bottle!) so I shall stop by and see if they have this very vintage. Besides. My Balvenie is running a bit low these days!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Reference URL's