Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: The most important thing in this thread....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No photo's ? ? ?

It didn't happen !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dirk
(04-21-2010 10:33 AM)Dirk2112 Wrote: [ -> ]No photo's ? ? ?

Dirk

I got photos when I opened it....

I'm suggesting to people that they compose their lengthier submissions in a word doc and the drop it into the forum as an attachment. That'll give you extra options too like spell check and bullets etc and will make scrolling through the forum easier. I'm not sure about uploading photos to the doc as the attachment size limitations might be restrictive. The images might have to be resized first. Try that and let me know how it works please.

B
(04-21-2010 10:38 AM)Brutus Wrote: [ -> ]

Dirk

I'm suggesting to people that they compose their lengthier submissions in a word doc and the drop it into the forum as an attachment. That'll give you extra options too like spell check and bullets etc and will make scrolling through the forum easier. I'm not sure about uploading photos to the doc as the attachment size limitations might be restrictive. The images might have to be resized first. Try that and let me know how it works please.

B

Brutus !

What I ment to say was if you talk food... make pics, or it didn't happen...

If you attach docs with pics and so, it will take more memory than a link to a photo as one in Photobucket. Easy to do, it resizes itself, and no troubles for your Forum.
Remember when you quote a message with pics, delete the links to the photo's (you didn't... AngelAngelAngel)

Cheers,
Dirk
(04-21-2010 10:48 AM)Dirk2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2010 10:38 AM)Brutus Wrote: [ -> ]

Dirk

B

Brutus !

What I ment to say was if you talk food... make pics, or it didn't happen...

If you attach docs with pics and so, it will take more memory than a link to a photo as one in Photobucket. Easy to do, it resizes itself, and no troubles for your Forum.
Remember when you quote a message with pics, delete the links to the photo's (you didn't... AngelAngelAngel)

Cheers,
Dirk
I love the idea of including pics too. I'm only concerned that it might slow the forum down but I'm learning as I go here so your idea of using photobucket may be that best way to go? Instead of using attachments with photos in the doc? I didn't just get the link I got the images when I opened your post Does that make a difference? See Brutus climb the learning curve....but that's what the beta's all about. Me learnin' stuff...
(04-21-2010 10:59 AM)Brutus Wrote: [ -> ]I love the idea of including pics too. I'm only concerned that it might slow the forum down but I'm learning as I go here so your idea of using photobucket may be that best way to go? Instead of using attachments with photos in the doc? I didn't just get the link I got the images when I opened your post Does that make a difference? See Brutus climb the learning curve....but that's what the beta's all about. Me learnin' stuff...

If you reply to a mail with pics, you'll see the links to photobucket.
Delete these links and no photo will be shown in the reply.
Delete all you want (like I did just now), but let the first and last "qoute line" stay.
My experience with multiple BBQ fora around Europe and USA shows that there is no loss of speed, memory or stuff like that. So post pics !
Hope this all made a bit sence to you. English is not my native tongue...
(I'm Dutch... sorry !)

Dirk
(04-21-2010 11:06 AM)Dirk2112 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-21-2010 10:59 AM)Brutus Wrote: [ -> ]I love the idea of including pics too. I'm only concerned that it might slow the forum down but I'm learning as I go here so your idea of using photobucket may be that best way to go? Instead of using attachments with photos in the doc? I didn't just get the link I got the images when I opened your post Does that make a difference? See Brutus climb the learning curve....but that's what the beta's all about. Me learnin' stuff...

If you reply to a mail with pics, you'll see the links to photobucket.
Delete these links and no photo will be shown in the reply.
Delete all you want (like I did just now), but let the first and last "qoute line" stay.
My experience with multiple BBQ fora around Europe and USA shows that there is no loss of speed, memory or stuff like that. So post pics !
Hope this all made a bit sence to you. English is not my native tongue...
(I'm Dutch... sorry !)

Dirk
Aaaah, don't be sorry. Some of my best frinds are Dutch. Just kidding but seriously, your English is much better than my Dutch. Thanks for the feedback.
mmmmmm, meat good!!
I just joined P.E.T.A

PEOPLE EATING TASTY ANIMALS.
does this count???
moist imptent thing on this thread IS surely indeed the ability to photoize me.

again the html qualities of flash make hisashe hoda comic marvel in the wonder
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's