Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: The breakfast smoothie my wife makes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A handful of kale, one banana, a few frozen strawberries, 1 TBS ground flax seed, 1 TBS wheat grass powder, almond milk. Blend and drink.

Stuff looks gross, like the smoky puke of a hobo, but it actually tastes really good, and it's good for you. Thanks, dear!
The "smoky puke of a hobo"? LOL I hope that it smells better than it looks. It sounds really healthy, maybe I'll try it sometime..............
How it looks, not how it smells, thankfully. Try it, I think you'll like it.
I do basically the same thing. Sometimes spinach instead of kale, usually a big handful of blueberries, about 30g whey protein, and sometimes 1Tbs of non-hydrolyzed peanut butter. I purchased almond milk to use in the smoothies once, but after reading the list of ingredients I threw it out. Now I just use a cup of water, or coconut water and about 25 raw almonds.

Like you say...looks revolting, but tastes great!
(03-10-2011 07:03 PM)Snapdad Wrote: [ -> ]Stuff looks gross, like the smoky puke of a hobo...

Sounds fab! But I think the marketing dept may need to rethink "Hobo Puke Smoothie..." Wink
Reference URL's