Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: Getting books signed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How does one go about sending Neal a copy of his books for him to sign for you?

I bought his first book which I enjoyed alot.

My all time favorite since reading Henry Rollins' Smile You're Traveling (which Henry was nice enough to sign for me).
(04-22-2011 10:47 AM)jahsan Wrote: [ -> ]How does one go about sending Neal a copy of his books for him to sign for you?

I bought his first book which I enjoyed alot.

My all time favorite since reading Henry Rollins' Smile You're Traveling (which Henry was nice enough to sign for me).

There are threads on other forums about this.
Oh Nettie... just because Bubba's your neighbor...
(04-22-2011 04:37 PM)Mufasa Wrote: [ -> ]Oh Nettie... just because Bubba's your neighbor..

lol
ok. This is what you do. Send the book to a venue where the guys are playing with a postage sticker and an address label in the box for the return trip. Put a note in the box asking Neil to autograph it, be polite.
Usually it will happen. Don't over do it. In the thread at TRF, people who have sent multiple items got maybe one autographed, and if they sent stuff to multiple venues, some stuff came back unsigned. If Neil gets writer's cramp, he can't hold the sticks and play, ya know.

More info, and what has happened to people at this thread:

Signed Items thread at TRF

chickenhawk

I dont think i would chance it myself.
im not a TRF member anyhow. cant open the forum.
(04-22-2011 07:41 PM)chickenhawk Wrote: [ -> ]I dont think i would chance it myself.
im not a TRF member anyhow. cant open the forum.

Do you have a pop up blocker on? It might be blocking the link.
You don't have to be a member to view the forum, just to reply to threads.

chickenhawk

Oh Ok I actually ahvent tried...only presuming i would need to be a member. thankyu!Exclamation
(04-22-2011 04:37 PM)Mufasa Wrote: [ -> ]Oh Nettie... just because Bubba's your neighbor...

Really Nettie? You're Bubba's neighbor?
(06-24-2011 11:47 AM)VincentUlyssis Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-22-2011 04:37 PM)Mufasa Wrote: [ -> ]Oh Nettie... just because Bubba's your neighbor...

Really Nettie? You're Bubba's neighbor?
That was a joke Vincent.
A few years ago, we sent our books to the venue, all packaged separately. They were all signed and returned. Now I know that doesn't always happen (I was concerned that my books would be lost en route to or from), but if you are willing to take the risk then give it a try.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's