Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: Dinosaur BBQ, Syracuse, NY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is my favorite place for ribs. I haven't been to many "rib joints"...a few in Arkansas, and one in South Carolina. So far, best ribs I have ever had. This place is far and away the most popular restaurant in Central New York. There are currently three other locations; Rochester, Troy and Harlem. Rumor is that they are planning to branch out to other areas throughout the country. I really hope they don't ruin what they have by going the franchise route. Anyhow, if you ever get the chance, highly recommended.
(04-23-2010 06:58 AM)pratt62 Wrote: [ -> ]This is my favorite place for ribs. I haven't been to many "rib joints"...a few in Arkansas, and one in South Carolina. So far, best ribs I have ever had. This place is far and away the most popular restaurant in Central New York. There are currently three other locations; Rochester, Troy and Harlem. Rumor is that they are planning to branch out to other areas throughout the country. I really hope they don't ruin what they have by going the franchise route. Anyhow, if you ever get the chance, highly recommended.
When I was doing research on regional BBQ styles and techniques I found very few highly rated joints north of the Mason Dixon line (Chicago being an exception too). Dinosaur in Syracuse kept popping up with rave reviews. I agree that going the franchise route might just ruin a good thing but with the interest in BBQ booming across NA I wouldn't be surprised.
Well, it has been a few years since I visited this place. My husband and I travelled from Fredonia to the Dinosaur to see a friend of ours play and the food was pretty good too. We actually ate twice that night as we stopped at a sushi place around the corner and neither of us eat sushi. The fried ice cream there was good but the Dinosaur was way more memorable.
Originally from the Auburn NY area but visit Syracuse often for vacation. One of the stops we make is Dinosaur for the ribs. Anyone ever go out to Liverpool for Heide's Hotdogs! Best hotdogs ever and remember them even as a kid. Have not been there for a while so not sure if its still there. But Dinosaur is an experience and well worth it!
never eaten at Dino in Syracuse, but the branch in Rochester sucks if only for the terrible service; they like to treat you as if you're bothering them. I prefer Sticky Lips BBQ while in Rochester.
Yeah, Dino in Syracuse is fantastic. It was great to be rated top in the country this past year by somebody. (Tee hee, was it Good Morning America?) I have not travelled much in the south where good barbecue comes from, great to have a little up here.
(05-02-2010 02:04 PM)artmac Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone ever go out to Liverpool for Heide's Hotdogs! Best hotdogs ever and remember them even as a kid. Have not been there for a while so not sure if its still there. But Dinosaur is an experience and well worth it!

Heids' is still there. They even still serve Hoffmann hotdogs, as well. I grew up eating almost nothing but Hoffmanns for hot dogs, especially their Snappy Grillers (or coneys, as we called them). I missed them SO much when I moved away from the Syracuse area, and I always bring some back to Baltimore with me after I go home to visit my mom these days.

I also like the Dinosaur a lot - it's a great, fun place, and the food is AWESOME.

-Tim
Dino is good. Though this Rochester boy prefers Sticky Lips in Rochester, NY. Mrs. Counselor and I cant seem to get enough of their fried pickles or "Frickles" as we call them
Old thread, new post. There's a new Dino location in Troy, NY. Hubby is beyond excited. He cooks with the Dino Slatherin' Sauce a lot.
(05-17-2010 05:18 PM)Timmay! Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-02-2010 02:04 PM)artmac Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone ever go out to Liverpool for Heide's Hotdogs! Best hotdogs ever and remember them even as a kid. Have not been there for a while so not sure if its still there. But Dinosaur is an experience and well worth it!

Heids' is still there. They even still serve Hoffmann hotdogs, as well. I grew up eating almost nothing but Hoffmanns for hot dogs, especially their Snappy Grillers (or coneys, as we called them). I missed them SO much when I moved away from the Syracuse area, and I always bring some back to Baltimore with me after I go home to visit my mom these days.

I also like the Dinosaur a lot - it's a great, fun place, and the food is AWESOME.

-Tim

Hi,I live in Syracuse and always tried to talk my parents in to going to Heids' for my birthday dinner. Did you know you can order Hoffman franks on line and have them delivered?
Reference URL's