Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: June Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I've read it, and am wondering, if I missed the part about the "cow whispering" that has been eluded to.
I read it and wished I lived in England........oh, I do. Good call.

I see Brutus and Bubba went through Much Marcle, a stones throw from here, (shame they didn`t call in for a drink).

Also I have a feeling ( and I could be wrong so don`t hang me if I am) but I think Big Ben is actually the Bell in the Tower, and the Tower (which presumably Bubba is refering to) is the Clock Tower.
(06-08-2011 04:21 PM)Bageleth Wrote: [ -> ]I've read it, and am wondering, if I missed the part about the "cow whispering" that has been eluded to.

Must have something to do with livestock crossing the roads?

Maybe Brutus can tell that story to us. Smile
We can only imagine what happened.....Big Grin
Just finished reading the update and enjoyed it as usual, nice to see those photos of 'round here in the Yorkshire area too. Looking forward to the next installment.

Heh heh, he said "Wetwang" *snigger*... Tongue
Those pictures kinda made me homesick. Being stationed there I tried to take every advantage of getting out amongst the local lay of the land. The problem was when you are on duty every other day - you dare not stray too far. Some of those roads looked a bit familiar, but its only been 27-28 years?

I have a couple suggestions for Brutus about the images, but I dont know what camera he is using. We'll see - but he sure had a big ol grin in London didnt he?!?!?
He seemed to be enjoying himself Smile
Having been to London many MANY times - I can completely understand his enjoyment. ALthough LONDON traffic is a bit dicey to be in.
I read the update, still want to hear the cow whisperer story!
Ooooh, I very much enjoy NEP's tales from the trails, and all those pics took me back to when I lived in Cornwall in SW England....at the time I was dating "a guy w/a bike" (nuttin' fancy like a BMW, but rather a Kawasaki "Gee-Pee-Zed" 600R...have no clue how I remember that, only that I know now I refer to similar rides as "crotch rockets"). All those high-hedged, steep & winding narrow lanes certainly gave this novice rider many heart-thumping occasions encountering oncoming vehicles/hidden slick spots/packs of wildlife to question my choice of said transportation. I fondly remember creeping slowly behind a herd of cattle being transferred across the main road (the B3263) to an adjacent pasture, and suddenly one member of the bunch rearing up and *ahem* "mounting his good wife" (or herdmate, as it were). We 'bout fell off the bike from fits of laughter.

Making me homesick for my previous (even if short-lived) life across the pond...
Pages: 1 2 3
Reference URL's