Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: I can't believe I missed Rush in L.A.!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Bah - I have been living in a cocoon for the last several months. I didn't even realize they were playing here. I did the AIDS/LifeCycle bicycle ride from San Francisco to LA a couple weeks ago and I have just been all caught up in that for about 9 months now.

I just checked out Rush's website. Looks nice. I love the layout. Good work.

Hopefully Rush will come back around soon!

Holly
You HAVE been busy! lol
Hey, sometimes making a living can get in the way of actually having a life. Been there, done that, wore the t-shirt 'til it was tattered rags,

By the way, in reference to your sig line... how do I get an invitation to one of your dinner parties..?
Isn't there a LAW against missing those shows?
I'm sure that we can turn our attention away from this............misfortune............ Smile
(06-27-2011 01:53 PM)old honda rider Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, sometimes making a living can get in the way of actually having a life. Been there, done that, wore the t-shirt 'til it was tattered rags,

By the way, in reference to your sig line... how do I get an invitation to one of your dinner parties..?

OHR - you can stop by any time but you WILL be expected to partake of the hotly peppered dish I prepare!

Holly
(06-27-2011 05:36 PM)boomer Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't there a LAW against missing those shows?

I know; I know. I was just really out of the loop for the last few months, living on my own island, focused on training for the AIDS ride and on doing my job at the office. Osama Bin Laden is dead, right? I caught that news somewhere. Other than that, don't quiz me on any current events!

Holly
(06-27-2011 05:45 PM)Bageleth Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure that we can turn our attention away from this............misfortune............ Smile

I'm just kicking myself. They were here just last week, but I only just popped my head out of the sand THIS week.

Holly
(06-27-2011 06:12 PM)Holly Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2011 01:53 PM)old honda rider Wrote: [ -> ]Hey, sometimes making a living can get in the way of actually having a life. Been there, done that, wore the t-shirt 'til it was tattered rags,

OHR - you can stop by any time but you WILL be expected to partake of the hotly peppered dish I prepare!

Holly
(06-27-2011 05:36 PM)boomer Wrote: [ -> ]Isn't there a LAW against missing those shows?

I know; I know. I was just really out of the loop for the last few months, living on my own island, focused on training for the AIDS ride and on doing my job at the office. Osama Bin Laden is dead, right? I caught that news somewhere. Other than that, don't quiz me on any current events!

Holly
(06-27-2011 05:45 PM)Bageleth Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure that we can turn our attention away from this............misfortune............ Smile

I'm just kicking myself. They were here just last week, but I only just popped my head out of the sand THIS week.

Holly

Don't kick yourself too hard. Chicago is a short ride down the highway, but I couldn't make it to that show. Next year, there will be a tour next year!

...but I did make it last year, so I haven't missed a "tour" since 1984 yet, just haven't made it to every leg of each tour.
(06-27-2011 08:57 PM)nettiesaur Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-27-2011 06:12 PM)Holly Wrote: [ -> ]

Holly

Holly

Holly

Don't kick yourself too hard. Chicago is a short ride down the highway, but I couldn't make it to that show. Next year, there will be a tour next year!

...but I did make it last year, so I haven't missed a "tour" since 1984 yet, just haven't made it to every leg of each tour.

Well, I did see the Time Machine Tour here last year, but STILL .... Big Grin Woulda loved to have seen them again.

Holly
To my shame I missed it too - three excuses:

- The weeknight made it tough 'cause it's Crunch Time at work and "chaos" doesn't even scratch the surface;

- I can also blame my oldest friend, who was supposed to have lined up tickets months ago, but dropped the ball - 'turns out that week was his wedding anniversary, so I'm pretty sure "she" had something to do with his lapse...;

- With zero disrespect intended (I'm a firm believer that negative reviews are orders of magnitude more valuable than uncritical raves,) I'm just completely burned out on "retrospective" tours, not just by Rush but by everybody who's doing them.

I miss the excitement of an epic, over-the-top album release and an even more over-the-top, wretched-excess tour (think: U2's "Claw" - I'm not even a fan but the 360 stage just knocked me on my keister) that's focused on the album - with just a respectable smattering of dearly-loved back catalog stuff, preferably the lesser-performed and therefore unexpected stuff. (Yes, a Narpet or Didact or Countdown or Man From Mandrake would be most groovy as counterparts - pun if you want one - to the new songs. Prob the improbable, I always say.)

That "enough of the back catalog already" attitude is strictly spit-into-the-wind and something I realize would likely get my arse kicked if I were to verbalize it in a crowd of fans - but it's the fact, Jack. I'm pretty sure I'm addicted to "newness," which is a big part of why I've happily immersed myself in Japanese pop, rock and punk over the last few years. Newborn babies get to spend every waking minute sponging up new stuff; 'don't see why I can't do the same, dammit. Cool

'Eagerly - and unapologetically - awaiting "Clockwork Angels," and maybe an upcoming tour leg that puts the new material front-and-center. "Dear Santa..."
Don't feel too bad. I missed years of shows during the 80s and 90s. Thankfully, they never gave up on me Wink
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's