Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: French food the Iowa way
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just had dinner at Django here in Des Moines. The wife took me there for an [/b]EARLY birthday dinner(mine isn't til Nov. 10thWink) and I must say the food/atmosphere/experience were excellent. This is the first time I have had French cuisine and now I can understand why people enjoy it. This is a definite 2 thumbs up in my book.Cool
(10-29-2011 06:56 PM)smoker guy Wrote: [ -> ]I just had dinner at Django here in Des Moines. The wife took me there for an [/b]EARLY birthday dinner(mine isn't til Nov. 10thWink) and I must say the food/atmosphere/experience were excellent. This is the first time I have had French cuisine and now I can understand why people enjoy it. This is a definite 2 thumbs up in my book.Cool

Soooo, what did you have for din din?
Well, for appetizers we both had a crispy Calamari with two different dipping sauces, 1 a marinara like sauce and the other a remoulade I think. The wife and I then shard a side Caeser salad. The wife had grilled red snapper with scalloped dauphinoise potatoes and I had a lobster with sweet corn and leeks with whipped gnocchi. To drink the Wife had two glasses of Monccharr(I believe this is how it was spelled) Riesling, and I partook of Lucid Absinthe served in the traditional louche style(the only way for me to drink it, sayin?Tongue). We both left with wide smiles and full bellies.Big Grin I can say it is a fine, fine place for a great dinner. We shall return there.Wink
I was over in your neck o the woods earlier today. Rode my bike headed west....somehow ended up Traer, then headed north up towards Waterloo, then further west until I saw a sign for Parkersburg. Will have to mark this place as a GOTO for me and Mrs B.
(10-29-2011 08:18 PM)boomer Wrote: [ -> ]I was over in your neck o the woods earlier today. Rode my bike headed west....somehow ended up Traer, then headed north up towards Waterloo, then further west until I saw a sign for Parkersburg. Will have to mark this place as a GOTO for me and Mrs B.

It is worth it. Let me know and I'll try to stopin and say HOWDY!Tongue
Reference URL's