Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: VIP Nation tickets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Has anyone bought the VIP Tickets for any of these shows? I have some questions about buying tickets from them and I can't get any other answers.

First... I know the tickets range from about 275 to 325 or so, depending where you are. Do they charge taxes and fees on top of that price? Also, do they give you your seat and row number? I was told you don't actually get that information until you get there. Is that correct?

Also, has anyone dealt with them before? I checked a bit online and they don't seem to have the greatest reputation. Are they worth getting the tickets through? I know it says you are supposed to get tickets within the first 15 rows or something. Does anyone know if they actually hold to that or if they are full of BS?

Thanks everyone!
I haven't used them, but from what I read, you are only "guaranteed" a seat in the first 15 rows and that the seats will be assigned later. So it's a crap shoot. You can always start purchasing a ticket in a venue similar to yours to see what the total price would be and then close out of it before you enter any payment info.
(05-01-2012 11:58 PM)ladijules Wrote: [ -> ]Has anyone bought the VIP Tickets for any of these shows? I have some questions about buying tickets from them and I can't get any other answers.

First... I know the tickets range from about 275 to 325 or so, depending where you are. Do they charge taxes and fees on top of that price? Also, do they give you your seat and row number? I was told you don't actually get that information until you get there. Is that correct?

That's correct. So, you pay your $300+ and you might get first row, center or 15th row way off to the side. Egregious handling, IMO.

(05-01-2012 11:58 PM)ladijules Wrote: [ -> ]Also, has anyone dealt with them before? I checked a bit online and they don't seem to have the greatest reputation. Are they worth getting the tickets through? I know it says you are supposed to get tickets within the first 15 rows or something. Does anyone know if they actually hold to that or if they are full of BS?

Thanks everyone!

There's no way to tell this time because nobody knows where their seats will actually be. Nearly everyone seems to be very POd about how they are handling the VIP tickets this time. Unfortunately, they are the only ones selling VIP tix. Ticketmaster has a Platinum program but that amounts to them scalping their own tickets, pretty much. I looked on Stub Hub - ebay's ticket platform - and they were selling tix to shows that haven't even opened sales to the pre-sale yet, much less the general public. And the prices...! [Image: icon_eek.gif]

I'm going to go through the Rush website's pre-sale but I'm not holding out much hope for getting really good seats. Last year I did it for 2 shows and my seats were row 15, way off on Alex's side and row 32 on Al's side. And I was online the second the pre-sale began. Whatever seats I end up with this time, I'll also check with the venue once the general sale begins. They might have some that weren't sold online. I don't hold out much hope, though Sad
Scythe, thats were I'm at. ARGH!! I wish I had more information to work with. I have a friend who bought the VIP pack for one of the shows in LA. She said they didn't appear to charge her any taxes or extra fees. Thing is, I'm buying 4 tickets, and they aren't even listing what the price for the Toronto show will be yet. I"ll be cutting it really close if I go with VIP tickets. I don't really NEED them, but for decent seats... well, I am willing to pay for them. NOT at Stubhub though.... too many complaints against them for fake tickets for me to risk it.

I think I too will at least check the pre-sale tickets. LOL.. you know, when they were here in Syracuse, I bought the tickets late and they were "Obstructed View". Turned out, They were right on the floor, 12 rows back on Alex's side (at a PERFECT angle to actually see Bubba behind that drum set!) and I got them for 65 bucks a piece. The only "Obstruction" was other people. Sigh. I don't think I"m going to be so lucky this time!
I bought 1 VIP for Manchester. $275.00 and no fees.
I bought within seconds of the on sale time.

I saw This in the FAQ section...
Q. When is my order filled? How are tickets assigned?
A. Tickets are allocated according to the time and day you placed your order. It doesn’t matter if you’re first or last in line on the day of the show...your ticket locations are already pre-determined based on when you placed your order.

So... I should have a very good seat. (A single is to my advantage)
A friend of mine called them and asked to change the cell number on his order. They told him *off the record* that those seats at that time were in the first 4 rows.
Hi Ladijules,

My buddy did the pre-sale VIP deal for us (September: St. Louis) $325; first 15 Rows; no extra fees or taxes; not sure about seats. But, hey...the first 15 are a heck of a lot better than the last seats I had ... Row 64.

Lanix
Well, I took a gamble and went through VIP nation. Got them soon as they went on sale. Here's to hoping they don't rip me off!
We got three of the VIP packages for the Charlotte, NC show. Got in real early in the sale process. Should have a good perch. $315 each with no additional fees.
I bought VIP Seats for M&M, and 4 of my friends (4 seats on one go, and two on the next purchase.).

I find it very lame we do not get to know seat assignments until the day of the show, as Scythe Matters pointed out. Ultra lame indeed.

I bought our Tickets yesterday at $325 a seat, with bling, so we will have to wait until show day to see if we got screwed or not. What is disconcerting (pun intended) is that there was such terribly conflicting info on when presale and regular sale tickets were actually going on sale.

I will be very glad to see The Boyz...one thought I had, particularly after reading Neil's books is:

Why doesn't Rush just buy all of the seats within 15 rows of the stage from Ticketmaster or whoever and then sell us real "VIP" seats, so that as Neil puts it, we don't see those seats, especially the very best seats, handed out as "Comps" (especially in Vegas) or scalped out to people who aren't at least signed up on the Rush website?

Anyway...unlike The Gorge and Whiteriver Amphitheater, we are definitely rolling the dice on which seat within the first 15 rows we will be watching our favorite band perform from! We still get to see them and up close...but from where, exactly...that is the $650 question!!

*Crosses Fingers*
I hope you end up with good seats, M. Ours are okay but I'll keep checking for better ones - maybe even buy VIP or Platinum if this darned insurance settlement comes though. Undecided

In any case, we'll meet up before the show for noms, yeah?
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's