Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill

Full Version: 3D TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just purchased my first digital TV. I went with the 3D version. That
meant I had to get a 3D Blu Ray player as well. I must say, the clarity
and depth is astounding. The difference in quality is comparable to the
jump from DVD to Blu Ray.
Now,,,,,,,, if we could just get a few of those great Rock and Roll bands
to redo their releases in 3D all would be perfect ! Big Grin
(05-10-2012 10:35 AM)MAL_ONE Wrote: [ -> ]I just purchased my first digital TV. I went with the 3D version. That

There was a woman reporter writing an article (it would have been The Sunday Times or Mail on Sunday as these are the two papers we take) about how she had watched her first dvd of, shall we say, a very adult nature in 3D......and how she had been amazed (and more than a little put off) by the way appendages leaped out of the plasma screen at her, in a very realistic manner......
(05-10-2012 11:50 AM)NWoBHM Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2012 10:35 AM)MAL_ONE Wrote: [ -> ]I just purchased my first digital TV. I went with the 3D version. That

There was a woman reporter writing an article (it would have been The Sunday Times or Mail on Sunday as these are the two papers we take) about how she had watched her first dvd of, shall we say, a very adult nature in 3D......and how she had been amazed (and more than a little put off) by the way appendages leaped out of the plasma screen at her, in a very realistic manner......

[Image: icon_eek.gif]
(05-10-2012 10:35 AM)MAL_ONE Wrote: [ -> ]Now,,,,,,,, if we could just get a few of those great Rock and Roll bands

Yes, I would like to see a set of sticks tossed at me right out of the screen from the drummer. Or...how about that T-shirt they toss into the crowd towards the end of the show, it could come right out of the screen and into your hands, still warm from the dryer. Wink

The rest of the show, the occasional guitar neck could come out of the screen and biff me on the forehead. Alex's face might lean into my living room and have a look around, then recoil in disgust, remarking, "You really need an interior decorator"

Is the 3D that good? Can it do all that? Or just some hoaky gimmicky thing.
(05-11-2012 09:43 AM)Rey Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-10-2012 10:35 AM)MAL_ONE Wrote: [ -> ]Now,,,,,,,, if we could just get a few of those great Rock and Roll bands

Yes, I would like to see a set of sticks tossed at me right out of the screen from the drummer. Or...how about that T-shirt they toss into the crowd towards the end of the show, it could come right out of the screen and into your hands, still warm from the dryer. Wink

The rest of the show, the occasional guitar neck could come out of the screen and biff me on the forehead. Alex's face might lean into my living room and have a look around, then recoil in disgust, remarking, "You really need an interior decorator"

Is the 3D that good? Can it do all that? Or just some hoaky gimmicky thing.

There have been scenes where the image can stand out a foot or two
from the screen. The further you are from the screen the greater the
effect.
It seems that everyone's interpretation of 3D is always about images
coming out of the screen. However, remember that by definition, 3D is
height, width and depth. And there is plenty of depth to the images
produced on these TV's. Like in life, could you imagine seeing only in 2D.
Having 3D increases the actual clarity of the image itself. I am extremely
happy with the purchase and am officially hooked on 3D.
Now I want some great concerts to watch ! (hint,hint)
Quote:There have been scenes where the image can stand out a foot or two
from the screen

Don`t tell me you managed to get a copy of Mr and Mrs NWo "honeymoon video", we made on a yacht???Sad
I gotta tell ya, the female form was made for 3D! My first experience with the new 3D was seeing Avatar in 3D at an Imax theater. It hit home when I tried to blow one of those furry floaty fluffies out of my face. I actually tried to brush it away and then caught myself. I was indeed flailing about at an effect some 60 feet away from me on a screen. I was impressed.

No so impressed with tv yet but I can tell you, when 3d gets huge it will be from console gaming. I would say Sony should be positioned very well for that, but there just doesn't seem to be the killer 3D content for the PS3 game system yet. My next tv will be 3D.
(05-11-2012 01:54 PM)NWoBHM Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:There have been scenes where the image can stand out a foot or two
from the screen

Don`t tell me you managed to get a copy of Mr and Mrs NWo "honeymoon video", we made on a yacht???Sad

I said a foot or two,,,,not inches ! lol
You know you asked for that one. Big Grin
Quote:I said a foot or two,,,,not inches ! lol
You know you asked for that one.

HahahahahBig Grin LOL. There is my image of me as a Tommy Lee character shot down in flames.....(er actually, do I really want to be a Tommy Lee character??)

Well, when they have matched 30 x magnification with 3D I am swapping careers, and going to be a movie star.....
The Mrs. and I watched the new Alice in Wonderland movie on the 3D
set last night. It was already one of our favorites, but the 3D was just
amazing. We found ourselves watching the show and words like wow,
cool and awesome keep popping out of our mouths during the film.
The new movie Hugo is another one that the 3D was well done on, and
the film in 2D itself is simply incredible for anyone who has thought about seeing it.
Pages: 1 2
Reference URL's