Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Letterboxing anyone? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Letterboxing anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=1018)

Letterboxing anyone? - Dais - 08-13-2012 11:00 AM

Hi everyone. Long time!

Over the last couple of years, I have become rather addicted to letterboxing. I dropped it for a while, not being able to get out on the trails much, but this summer my interest in it has come back with a vengeance. I am wondering if any of you are letterboxers.

For those of you unfamiliar, letterboxing is a treasure hunt game. It involves finding letterboxes that are (typically) hidden in nature somewhere. A letterbox consists of a carved rubber stamp and a log book. A letterboxer has a signature stamp, and his/her own log. The idea is to find clues online (and other places) and to seek out these boxes. Once found, the person stamps his/her stamp into the log of the box, and stamps the letterbox stamp into his/her log book. Letterboxes are hidden all over the United States and in many other countries as well.

I enjoy finding them, and more recently, planting them.

It's similar to geocaching, but does not require a gps.

Anyone? =)

~Dais

RE: Letterboxing anyone? - Gungawoman - 08-13-2012 09:10 PM

Dais! Wow, it HAS been a while! Never heard of letterboxing. Geocaching is still pretty big here, especially in the forest. I'll have to look it up.
Hope all is well with you!

RE: Letterboxing anyone? - Scooter Britches - 08-13-2012 09:14 PM

Wait, something "fun" to do that doesn't require an electronic device! How retro! Smile That's pretty neat...never heard of it before. I'm gonna look it up too!

RE: Letterboxing anyone? - Dais - 08-14-2012 06:05 AM

Check out AtlastQuest.com and letterboxing.org. My trail name is JEDS.

I'm heading over to read the pages of replies from my last post that I did not realize were there until yesterday.....

~D