Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Share your favorite Joints, Bistros, Bar 'n' Grills, Diners, Dives, Greasy Spoons, Saloons and Hash Houses. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Forum: Tell Us More (/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Albion River Inn...Albion, CA (/showthread.php?tid=1250)

Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - Sunset - 11-14-2014 01:21 PM

This place has long been one of my favorite stops on the Mendocino coast. The cuisine is consistently inventive/outstanding, and they boast the largest selection of single malt whiskys on the north coast...which doesn't hurt.Wink

I've sampled many dishes here, but this one is my favorite. Perfectly grilled swordfish with coconut/jasmine rice, all atop a light stir fry of napa, shitake, sweet pea, cilantro, and roast pepper. The sweet/vinegary/soy flavor of the stir fry blend with the coconut/jasmine rice to create an asian fusion profile while the savory sword adds the body. ab-so-lutely fantastic!

[Image: food310_zps50a0a43a.jpg]

RE: Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - LiveToCook - 11-14-2014 01:26 PM

Sounds perfect and it certainly looks great....

RE: Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - Gungawoman - 11-14-2014 08:48 PM

I've been there, but so many decades ago, I don't remember much. My sister met her partner there many moons ago. Seems silly I don't remember food that looks that delicious!

RE: Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - Sunset - 11-14-2014 09:10 PM

^^^Considering how our paths have intersected many times, I kinda figured you'd be familiar with this one.Smile

RE: Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - Gungawoman - 11-16-2014 06:01 PM

You bet, Sunset! In fact, we're going to brave the masses and go to SoCal for Thanksgiving. I'd rather go to NorCal, but......

RE: Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - Sunset - 11-18-2014 12:22 PM

Safe travels!

NorCal will still be there when you're ready.Smile

Unless of course that fault line 1mi off shore lets go...then Booneville will be beach front property.

RE: Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - Gungawoman - 11-18-2014 08:10 PM

(11-18-2014 12:22 PM)Sunset Wrote:  Safe travels!

NorCal will still be there when you're ready.Smile

Unless of course that fault line 1mi off shore lets go...then Booneville will be beach front property.

Haha! Arizona will be beachfront! Big Grin

RE: Albion River Inn...Albion, CA - Sunset - 11-24-2014 03:34 PM

<shudder>TongueBig Grin