Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
The Nag-Thread - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: The Nag-Thread (/showthread.php?tid=143)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

The Nag-Thread - swedething - 05-05-2010 02:30 AM

All forums that I've visited and been a part of had a thread where one could nag. So I'll start this one here, because I wanna nag and bitch today.

Last week was beautifoool here, hi 70's, lo 80's, sunshine, the Black Forest, what else could you ask for? WELL, I FOR ONE THING CAN'T REMEMBER THAT ANYONE ASKED FOR LO 40'S AND RAIN FOR A WEEK!!!! This is really tearing my mood down to new, ugly, unseen lows! Usually I never complain about the weather, my weather motto is: There are two things in life you can't choose- your parents, and the weather. But since last saturday, greygreygreyrainrainrain, and cold. And no sunshine anywhere to be seen! Freaking Moscow's got better weather than we do!

Enuff of my ranting, off to work I am! In warm clothes. I thought that I'd see them in fall the next time. aaaarrrggghhh

RE: The Nag-Thread - ForceTen - 05-05-2010 09:14 AM

I hear ya, and can kind of relate as it's been windy and intermittent rain here as well. But, at the same time, it's not so unusual this time of year to have sketchy weather. Wink

RE: The Nag-Thread - edski - 05-05-2010 01:06 PM

I work six days a week and every Sunday for the last 3 weeks it has rained and it's not looking good for this Sunday either!

RE: The Nag-Thread - old honda rider - 05-05-2010 02:40 PM

As I sit here and look outside it's just starting to thunderstorm. Flashes of light in the western sky, the clouds grumbling, the rain slapping on the window beside me.

No motorcycling tonight. Sad

RE: The Nag-Thread - Brutus - 05-05-2010 08:58 PM

I read your mail. I arrived in Edmonchuck to do a new job,,,,It snowed ...and it snowed. My son texts me (he prefers that to "real" conversation) and blamed me for bringing winter weather with me. Side note: The decision to not switch out the winter tires was wise. But really...GO AWAY WINTER!!!

RE: The Nag-Thread - Irezumi_Muzan - 05-06-2010 10:43 AM

Ooh I'm annoyed!

I've had problems with one of my neighbours recently - he kept shooting at my collies with a pellet gun. No matter what I did, he kept on. I had him arrested and that still didn't slow him down (interestingly... the police couldn't touch him for trying to shoot my dogs but he was witnessed shooting at pigeons and THAT is against the law...). It finally ended when me and my baseball bat paid his car a visit one evening...

So he (seemingly) left me alone. One of my dogs died a month ago so I just have my 5 year old now. We were just playing catch in the garden when HALF A BRICK landed on my patio table! I didn't see where it came from but I'm convinced it was him... Police on the way again...

I would expect this if I lived in town but I live in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. I don't even know this guy; he moved in about a year ago and doesn't talk to the neighbours. I am unsure if he picks fights with anyone else or if he's just got an issue with me. Dunno why he would though. I'm absolutely lovely...

AND!!! It's cold and dull and I need to get my pasty skin a healthy colour. Couldn't even go in the garden if I wanted to...

RE: The Nag-Thread - Entre Nous - 05-06-2010 08:32 PM

Dang, edski, that's my "nag" too! LOL

I work six days a week, too, and since it's Mother's Day this weekend, I'm leaving after work on Day 6 to drive 3 hours to visit Mom. Then, another 3 hours back Sunday to prepare for Day 1...

At least she has a new foal (a week old) and another mare due any day now, so maybe I'll get to play with TWO brand new babies while I'm there.

Brutus, I have some good friends that are natives of E-chuck who just returned from 2 weeks vac in Cuba. I've not heard bitching of that calibre since I spent a winter in Brantford ONT in the 80's Wink

RE: The Nag-Thread - Weezy - 05-06-2010 08:38 PM

(05-06-2010 10:43 AM)Irezumi_Muzan Wrote:  Ooh I'm annoyed!

I've had problems with one of my neighbours recently - he kept shooting at my collies with a pellet gun. No matter what I did, he kept on. I had him arrested and that still didn't slow him down (interestingly... the police couldn't touch him for trying to shoot my dogs but he was witnessed shooting at pigeons and THAT is against the law...). It finally ended when me and my baseball bat paid his car a visit one evening...

So he (seemingly) left me alone. One of my dogs died a month ago so I just have my 5 year old now. We were just playing catch in the garden when HALF A BRICK landed on my patio table! I didn't see where it came from but I'm convinced it was him... Police on the way again...

I would expect this if I lived in town but I live in a tiny village in the middle of nowhere. I don't even know this guy; he moved in about a year ago and doesn't talk to the neighbours. I am unsure if he picks fights with anyone else or if he's just got an issue with me. Dunno why he would though. I'm absolutely lovely...

AND!!! It's cold and dull and I need to get my pasty skin a healthy colour. Couldn't even go in the garden if I wanted to...

OH. NO. HE. DID. NOT !!! Mess with my dogs, you've started the HOLIEST of wars !!!

RE: The Nag-Thread - ForceTen - 05-07-2010 04:48 PM

Irezumi, that's horrible. How anyone can do that is beyond me. Not just to dogs, but in general. Perhaps that's just how he is and was run off from his previous locale because of such behaviour?

Well, in a way, my turn...

Went for a hilly bike ride last night and wound up crashing. Bent the rear derailleur, frame hanger, shredded cleats for my pedals (had to walk 1/4 mile up an extremely steep hill), bruised right knee, left hip and tweaked my back and right ankle some. Luckily, I could at least ride in granny gear for the 10 mile trip back. I'll heal, but it's going to take over a week for parts to arrive. Gotta love pothole infested roads...

On the positive side, at least the guy running the stop sign narrowly missed me on my return trip last night. Big Grin

RE: The Nag-Thread - Irezumi_Muzan - 05-07-2010 11:34 PM

I think some people are just crazy. He was arrested the other night and then said to me it was going to get worse. I said "Yeah it is..." and gave him my "I'm-going-to-hurt-you-badly" stare... He backed off... Remains to be seen what happens next...

Today's rant is... I have one sore tonsil but now have a 9 hour shift in a call centre. I'm going to be in agony by the end... thinking of the money...

(I wont rant about the election we just had because I'm still too angry...).