Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
What's your favourite beer? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: Wine, Beer, Cocktails, Beverage and Food Combinations (/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Thread: What's your favourite beer? (/showthread.php?tid=185)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

RE: What's your favourite beer? - JrGtr42 - 01-04-2013 10:11 PM

(01-04-2013 01:18 PM)BrianW Wrote:  Jr - don't they do Pig's Ear too? Had that on tap at the Mt. Washington resort a few years back.

I believe you're right. A brown ale I think...
Yep, Woodstock Pig's Ear Brown
I tried it some time ago. Nothing mind-blowing, if I remember right, but just a good, tasty, brew you can have a bunch of without burning you out.

RE: What's your favourite beer? - BrianW - 01-06-2013 10:55 AM

Yes, that's it. Thanks!
Just got a case of Yuengling lager imported from PA over the weekend. Will save it for the annual MLK ice fishing weekend in ME with the guys.

RE: What's your favourite beer? - JrGtr42 - 02-09-2013 09:03 PM

So to reliven this thread, after one hell of a snowstorm here in the Boston area, and way too much time clearing out, resulting in using all the gas for the snowblower and breaking a shear pin for one of the augers on the machine, relaxing with something from my beer cellar.
A 2009 Smuttynose WheatWine ale. Enough alcohol to be nicely warming, but has mellowed a lot over the time.

RE: What's your favourite beer? - emtheaded - 02-10-2013 05:05 PM

My current fave is Abita Purple Haze, from Louisiana. Sweet and fruity without being cloying. Just the right amount of bitter.

RE: What's your favourite beer? - BrianW - 03-17-2013 12:24 PM

Today - Guinness.

RE: What's your favourite beer? - Phillip - 03-17-2013 06:24 PM

Guinness last night with a perfect steak. But today and right now it is Murphy's Red Ale.

RE: What's your favourite beer? - smoker guy - 03-17-2013 06:28 PM

Fullers, Sam Smith and Scottish fer me.Wink

RE: What's your favourite beer? - Markus Awreallyus - 03-18-2013 03:32 PM

Just tried Angry Orchard, a nice crafty brew!

RE: What's your favourite beer? - Mufasa - 03-25-2013 01:23 PM

Agreed Markus. Good shtuff -

RE: What's your favourite beer? - BrianW - 04-15-2013 06:53 PM

Anything from the Sweetwater Brewing Company in Atlanta, GA. We took the tour which is only open on Saturday afternoons from 2-4:30 p.m. Que up in line and the doors open promptly. Best to go on a nice day, as you may be standing in line for a while down the street and around the corner. Don't worry, live music will keep you entertained. For $10 you get a free pint glass and 6 tickets which you may redeem at one of the many tap stations around the building. Last call is around 4 I think (getting fuzzy around ticket 5), but my band of happy samplers handed in all our tickets. Their signature beer is the 420, but I liked the Lowe Ryder best. You must have a photo I.D. to play. Oh! And take the tour and support the locals, who in turn support a lot of great local causes. I asked at the desk, and that day they estimate about 900 glasses were sold. A lot of happy folks.