Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Breakfast Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Recipes: Share your favorite recipes, ask for help and seek out suggestions to help you become a better cook. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mains (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Breakfast Anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=206)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Datura - 05-23-2010 07:36 AM

Thanks everyone! My homemade French Toast was absolutely spot on! I even sprinkled powdered sugar on the top, yum!

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Irezumi_Muzan - 05-27-2010 09:59 AM

I find it difficult to eat in the morning so generally just graze on the previous night's leftovers. I will sometimes have fresh fruit, though. About once every 6 months I will be indulgent and have a fry up (bara lawr, tofu scrabble, beans, fried bread, etc) or vegan French toast or pancakes.

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Bageleth - 06-20-2010 09:42 AM

Due to the day being Father's day, I'm doing a bit more for my husband's breakfast this morning. Today, he's getting eggs (I'm thinking maybe in omelet form), O'Brien potatoes (from scratch), sausage (vegetarian), and biscuits (Pillsbury-yeah, I'm cheating a little there) and gravy (from a mix (don't judge me, I'm a vegetarian who hasn't learned to make country gravy yet without any meat products........or at least I haven't found a recipe).

My husband is getting breakfast in bed, as well as a coffee made with his favorite brand (and kind of spendy brand) of coffee beans.

The kids on the other hand, are getting chocolate muffins, because they don't like the above type of breakfast (they are sooo missing out. More for us!!).

Now I just need to wait for everyone to wake up

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Neilbubbachuck - 06-20-2010 01:26 PM

Grapenuts!! Apple slices and honey.

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Nettie - 03-20-2011 12:57 PM

Irish sausages, potatoes O'brien, scrambled eggs..
I was celebrating the holiday a little late.

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Boomer - 03-20-2011 01:26 PM

I got a nice ham and cheese omlette today. Love omlettes. You can put ALMOST anything in them. Just not real crazy about fish and omlettes though.

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - NWoBHM - 03-20-2011 01:40 PM

I do like a full English breakfast..........but only every now and then.........otherwise you are approaching what Steve King used to call, "chest busters".

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - 2Beers - 03-20-2011 06:04 PM

Totally bad-bad breakfast but we had homemade biscuits with sausage gravy, grits with sauteed shrimp, sliced fresh tomatoes, really good (and expensive)bacon, fresh fruit, french press dark roast coffee, and apple juice(youngest daughter and her boyfriend aren't coffee lovers).

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Boomer - 03-20-2011 06:07 PM

AREN'T COFFEE LOVERS? Thats sacriledge in here!

I was fine except for the grits. I cannot stand grits, I dont care how much you drown them in whatever - I cant stand grits or oatmeal. BLEEAH!

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Nettie - 03-20-2011 06:29 PM

(03-20-2011 06:07 PM)boomer Wrote:  AREN'T COFFEE LOVERS? Thats sacriledge in here!

I was fine except for the grits. I cannot stand grits, I dont care how much you drown them in whatever - I cant stand grits or oatmeal. BLEEAH!

Well I can't stand coffee either, but tea is wonderful.
I'm with you on the grits and oatmeal. Yuck!