Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Breakfast Anyone? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Recipes: Share your favorite recipes, ask for help and seek out suggestions to help you become a better cook. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Mains (/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Thread: Breakfast Anyone? (/showthread.php?tid=206)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - burma.girl - 10-18-2011 09:15 AM

On this cold 'n' drizzly morn I've enjoyed a slice (OK, it was a slab) of spinach/sausage/goat cheese quiche, with a liberal drizzle of homemade honey Habanero sauce. A glass of vanilla soy milk to fool myself into thinking I'm being healthy. Oh, and coffee **sluuuurp.**

Both quiche and sauce the most recent additions to a long list of happy culinary accidents prepared by the Hubster. GOLLY I love that man, but dangit he's makin' me fat!

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - BrianW - 10-18-2011 12:02 PM

I don't know if it's just a Maine thing, but in the Pine Tree state you can get breakfast pizza at most convenience stores. Pizza crust with egg, bacon, sausage, or veggies, with cheese melted on top (hold the tomato sauce). Wonder if they stole it from NASA - a complete meal in your hand!

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Markus Awreallyus - 01-16-2012 08:41 AM

Found a hunk of beef tenderloin in the freezer yesterday, steak and eggs for breakfast this morning, nothing special just a fourteen dollar steak w/ my eggs and potatoes. We'll call it the "Wall Street" cause afterwards we'll crash for a while!

Hangover Buster Breakfast Burritos - debskis - 09-04-2012 08:35 PM

These are super yummy and easy to make ahead the night before, which is ideal if you have overnight guests!

INGREDIENTS
1 package large flour tortillas
1 package Ore Ida Potatoes O'Brien
1 package ground pork sausage
2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
10 large eggs
Cooking Oil
1 Cup Salsa
1 Cup Cream Cheese
Dried or Fresh Cilantro

DIRECTIONS:
Cook Potatoes O'Brien in a large skillet according to the instructions on package. While those are cooking, in a separate pan, brown your sausage, drain, and then scramble your eggs. Once the potatoes are done, add your cooked eggs and sausage and mix it all up.

Place a couple (3-4) good-sized spoon-fulls (is that a word?) of the above mixture into the center of the tortilla and top w/a few sprinkles of shredded cheese. Roll-em up, stick-em in a 9x13 (sprayed or greased) and top with a mixture of sour cream and salsa (about 1/2 cup of each), and more shredded cheese. Garnish w/the cilantro (optional).

Bake uncovered for 35-40 minutes at 350 or until heated through. Serve w/hot sauce, sour cream, guacamole, etc.

Another variation that is listed on the Potatoes O'Brien bag, is to add chili powder to the potatoes while they are cooking, and then add the salsa and eggs in the same pan as well and cook them all together. I tried this last weekend and added the sausage, and they turned out yummy, albeit a bit spicy for my taste (I used medium salsa).

This is a really versatile recipe - you can add fresh peppers and onions, bacon, other veggies, black beans, different kinds of cheeses, etc., etc.

Enjoy!

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Rey - 09-26-2012 10:55 AM

Woke up with a sore throat this morning...uh oh, looks like I'm coming down with something. The price I pay for all the fun and adventure over the weekend out in the cold. Not to mention eating cookies all day from the French Cafe without ever washing my hands first, and this after meeting many people and shaking their hands. Yep, good way to catch a bug.

So I decided to treat myself to a nice little breakfast of Cinnamon French Toast. My throat wasn't too sore for that. I like it a bit well done and nice and crunchy. It hit the spot and made me feel a little better, it was very good.

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Sunset - 09-28-2012 11:50 AM

My breakfast usually consists of 2 home made flourless cookies(oats,applesauce, ripe banana, walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon) @ about 100cal each, and a cuppa joe.

But every 2-3 months or so, I get a powerful craving for the real thang.

Side note: I pan tossed the fries in that incomparable garlic/shallot butter...suhweet!

KERBLAMMO!

[Image: food73.jpg]

Though after hoovering up a plate like this, I usually crash out again in the LayZboy.Wink

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Gungawoman - 09-28-2012 08:05 PM

Gee, Sunset.....after that breakfast, you should come over and mow my field! Rolleyes

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Sunset - 09-29-2012 09:21 AM

(09-28-2012 08:05 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Gee, Sunset.....after that breakfast, you should come over and mow my field! Rolleyes

The ensuing food coma would prohibit activities of that nature.Big Grin

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Lanix - 09-29-2012 03:01 PM

(09-28-2012 11:50 AM)Sunset Wrote:  My breakfast usually consists of 2 home made flourless cookies(oats,applesauce, ripe banana, walnuts, raisins, and cinnamon) @ about 100cal each, and a cuppa joe.

But every 2-3 months or so, I get a powerful craving for the real thang.

Side note: I pan tossed the fries in that incomparable garlic/shallot butter...suhweet!

KERBLAMMO!

[Image: food73.jpg]

Though after hoovering up a plate like this, I usually crash out again in the LayZboy.Wink

Holy Shnikees Sunset!!!!

RE: Breakfast Anyone? - Sunset - 09-30-2012 10:43 AM

Oh come now...y'all just suffering from a wee bit o rasher envy.TongueBig Grin