Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Recipes: Share your favorite recipes, ask for help and seek out suggestions to help you become a better cook. (/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Forum: Appetizers, Side Dishes, Snacks and Finger Foods (/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+--- Thread: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme (/showthread.php?tid=35)

Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme - optimal living - 04-18-2010 07:31 PM

Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme

Ingredients:

12 Piquilla peppers (I found mine at a grocery store already cleaned).
½ pound of raw shrimp (peeled, deveined and chopped coarsely)
12 ounces of gluten free goat cheese (room temperature)
1/3 c of corn kernels
1/3 cup of minced chives
1 small egg yolk
Pinch of sea salt
4 good cracks of black pepper
1 T EVO (Extra Virgin Olive Oil)

Procedure:

Add shrimp, goat cheese, corn, chives, egg yolk, salt and pepper to a medium sized bowl. Mix well. Drain the peppers. Use a teaspoon and carefully fill each pepper with the stuffing. Leave a little space at the top then seal in the stuffing. Line the peppers in a casserole dish. If you want to hold them for the next day- cover them and hold overnight in your fridge. Pre-heat your oven to 375 degrees. Drizzle the peppers with EVO and bake the peppers for 15 minutes uncovered and serve immediately with the avocado creme.

Avocado Creme

Ingredients:

1 Large organic avocado (pitted and scooped)
1 T tomitilla salsa (find this ingredient in a jar at your local grocery store)
1 shave of fresh nutmeg
1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
1 pinch of sea salt
2 cracks of fresh pepper

Procedure:

Add all the ingredients to a small food processor and pulse until smooth. Garnish with a sprinkle of paprika or dices tomato.

RE: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme - 2Beers - 05-07-2010 08:32 PM

Stuffed Pepperoncini

1/2 lb Bacon - cooked well and crumbled
8 oz. cream cheese - softened
1 TBSP onion powder
1 cup finely shredded cheddar cheese
2 TBSP (or so) milk
1 16 oz. jar of pepperoncini peppers - drained, patted dry with some paper towel

In a mixer add the cream cheese, bacon, cheddar, onion powder and mix well. Add in the milk little at a time until it becomes creamy and pliable to be able to pipe into the peppers. Place the mix into a zip-top gallon bag. Take the drained peppers and open one side and remove the seeds. Snip a corner off of the bag of cheesey mix and then pipe in to the peppers filling them up. Place filled peppers on a plate or in a container and chill for 4 hours to over nite. Serve.

RE: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme - Sunset - 02-09-2015 02:10 PM

Greetings Optimal Living...

Just wanted to thank you(if you're still around) for the excellent recipe tip. For some reason obtaining processed piquilla peppers around here was much like sourcing a vial of Chuck Norris' tears...mission impossible as they they simply don't exist. So I went old school fire roasted fresh poblano.

[Image: food354_zpsf1l2nr2e.jpg]

Made a couple other tweaks as well. Went with a tequila/jalapeno beurre blanc instead of the avocado creme, and I added home made crispy tortilla chips to balance the texture.

I always take great pleasure when somebody prepares and enjoys one of my creations, so I'm letting you know I prepared and greatly enjoyed yours. Thanks again!Cool

[Image: food355_zpssjlqn3lr.jpg]

RE: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme - Gungawoman - 02-10-2015 05:54 PM

What time is dinner and how do I get to your house?!?!?

RE: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme - Sunset - 02-11-2015 04:45 PM

...Big Grin

RE: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme - burma.girl - 03-28-2015 09:16 AM

***SIIIIIGGGGH***
Srsly Sunset, you need to start up a food delivery service, and I need to be first on the list... Big Grin

RE: Piquilla Peppers Stuffed with Shrimp, Goat Cheese and Corn with Avocado Creme - Sunset - 04-17-2015 11:18 AM

Shucks...Blush