Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
What is your "food weakness"? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: What is your "food weakness"? (/showthread.php?tid=517)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

What is your "food weakness"? - Bageleth - 01-04-2011 07:38 PM

Basically, what are the foods that you crave the most, however because you can't control yourself, they don't last long in your house or you can't even have them in your house.......except for special occasions?

For me, it would be Barbecue chips, and anything chocolate.

I keep the chips around for the kids' snacks, and because they are tasty, I tend to snack on them too much.

Chocolate, I only buy during the holidays, and I buy them the night before the holiday so that there is at least a few for the kids. Peanut butter cups and Almond Joy or Almond Roca just keep beckoning if they're in my freezer...........or in my candy dish.

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - Nettie - 01-04-2011 07:45 PM

Chips and soda, and I keep them both in the house...for myself.
They are one of the few snacks that I can buy off of the shelf in the store...everything else I have to make.

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - RN-PRN - 01-04-2011 07:49 PM

It would have to be chips. I only buy the small bags for the kids lunchs. This way I am not so tempted. Also frozen York peppermint patties. I have to fight my daughter for them!

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - Boomer - 01-04-2011 07:52 PM

In no particular order:

Tillamook Cheese - this is Oregon cheese that is its own food group.
Amana Smoked Hams - these are so delish we forget sometimes there IS other food in the fridge besides the ham.
Triscuits - slap about any cheese and sausage on those
Shrimp - any kind made in any way.

There are a couple of drinks, such as coffee, dat FINE rum, and for me its The Balvenie 15 yr old single malt, but since we're talking food, see my list.

Chocolate is self explanatory!!!

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - Bageleth - 01-04-2011 07:56 PM

Cracked pepper & Olive oil Triscuits, topped with Tillamook sharp cheddar, along with a nice glass of wine! Wonderful snack in the evening!

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - Boomer - 01-04-2011 07:57 PM

(01-04-2011 07:56 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  Cracked pepper & Olive oil Triscuits, topped with Tillamook sharp cheddar, along with a nice glass of wine! Wonderful snack in the evening!

You're gonna make a grown man cry!!!

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - Bageleth - 01-04-2011 07:59 PM

I'm so sorry Sad

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - Mufasa - 01-04-2011 08:05 PM

Fresh seafood <snivel> Ya kids.... I am a seafood snob. I admit it.

Cheeses - too many to list. One of my favorite snacks with beer or wine.

Cujos salsa

Stir fry

A fine steak and pa'tater

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - RN-PRN - 01-04-2011 08:13 PM

Well...there's more....fresh homemade soup, cookies, BBQ burgers on charcoal grill in the middle of winter, dark chocolate.

RE: What is your "food weakness"? - Nettie - 01-04-2011 08:15 PM

(01-04-2011 08:13 PM)RN-PRN Wrote:  Well...there's more....fresh homemade soup, cookies, BBQ burgers on charcoal grill in the middle of winter, dark chocolate.

Coooooookies!
Yup, that would be one of the worst(sneaks into kitchen to make a fresh batch)