Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Anyone else ride? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Anyone else ride? (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anyone else ride? - Boomer - 06-06-2011 11:20 AM

I thought this was really interesting. A fellow biker, lady of the cloth so to speak, posted this on her FB page. I must say that for all the things I see on FB not many are really all that interesting, but running your BMW at Bonneville is just about all cool as get out! Especially when you try a two up ride and run your BMW at 169 mph. I believe that was a stock R1200S model if I am not mistaken.

Women at Bonneville

RE: Anyone else ride? - 2Beers - 06-06-2011 07:15 PM

I'm thinking I'll maybe pass at 160 + as the 2Up rider. (95 so far is fast enough for me).

RE: Anyone else ride? - Boomer - 06-06-2011 08:36 PM

HA!!! I was wondering if that might tickle your fancy! I am quite sure hubby probably isn't a big fan of that kind of stuff either. Its fun to watch but you really need to be trained for that sort of racing.

And I am not!

RE: Anyone else ride? - Nanobabe - 04-23-2012 04:40 PM

An interesting place to spend that tax refund at: http://classifiedmoto.bigcartel.com/

You're welcome.

RE: Anyone else ride? - Scooter Britches - 04-25-2012 01:49 AM

(06-06-2011 11:20 AM)boomer Wrote:  I thought this was really interesting. A fellow biker, lady of the cloth so to speak, posted this on her FB page. I must say that for all the things I see on FB not many are really all that interesting, but running your BMW at Bonneville is just about all cool as get out! Especially when you try a two up ride and run your BMW at 169 mph. I believe that was a stock R1200S model if I am not mistaken.

Women at Bonneville

Pfft...I've done 168mph on my cheesy little '03 CBR600RR on the front straight at Miller Motorsports Park. Cool

And what do you mean FB isn't interesting? Seriously? Dodgy

Big Grin

(That was a cool story though. Why don't y'all sponsor me and I'll run Bonneville this year? )

Oh and I realize it's almost a year old, but I totally love my GoPro! The new one that came out this year is super awesome as well. It's a HD version. Great picture, very durable (seen many of 'em crash and survive). Great piece of kit, it is!

RE: Anyone else ride? - Boomer - 04-25-2012 06:37 AM

Sorry CD. FB is a communication tool for me and nothing more. It works ok, but with the number of stalkers hackers and other crime going on in there, its a double edge sword.

Ive been wondering about the GoPro. I want to get one before my next big trip, although where and when that will be is still a source of a lot of frustration right now.

RE: Anyone else ride? - Scooter Britches - 04-25-2012 10:06 PM

Let me know if ya wanna borry mine...I'd let ya so you can check it out! It's got a suction cup mount, so no permanent stuff to worry about.

RE: Anyone else ride? - knitterbookbinder - 04-25-2012 10:22 PM

(04-25-2012 06:37 AM)boomer Wrote:  FB is a communication tool for me and nothing more. It works ok, but with the number of stalkers hackers and other crime going on in there, its a double edge sword.

Almost everything on the interwebs these days is though, sadly. FidoNet was, Usenet was, the various permutations and combinations still are: the trick is to tweak your privacy settings to let the "right" people in and kick the losers out.

RE: Anyone else ride? - smoker guy - 04-27-2012 01:50 PM

(04-25-2012 01:49 AM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  
(06-06-2011 11:20 AM)boomer Wrote:  I thought this was really interesting. A fellow biker, lady of the cloth so to speak, posted this on her FB page. I must say that for all the things I see on FB not many are really all that interesting, but running your BMW at Bonneville is just about all cool as get out! Especially when you try a two up ride and run your BMW at 169 mph. I believe that was a stock R1200S model if I am not mistaken.

Women at Bonneville

Pfft...I've done 168mph on my cheesy little '03 CBR600RR on the front straight at Miller Motorsports Park. Cool

Big Grin

(That was a cool story though. Why don't y'all sponsor me and I'll run Bonneville this year? )

Oh and I realize it's almost a year old, but I totally love my GoPro! The new one that came out this year is super awesome as well. It's a HD version. Great picture, very durable (seen many of 'em crash and survive). Great piece of kit, it is!

Shoot CD, if I had the money, I'd sponsor ya...as long as I could help out a little on the pit crew. I hope to get out there one of these days to see it happening.

RE: Anyone else ride? - NWoBHM - 04-27-2012 02:57 PM

(04-27-2012 01:50 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  
(04-25-2012 01:49 AM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  

Women at Bonneville

Big Grin

Shoot CD, if I had the money, I'd sponsor ya...as long as I could help out a little on the pit crew. I hope to get out there one of these days to see it happening.

Many many years ago (from 1980 onwards) I used to ride with a big gang of mates, who mostly rode Honda 900 FA`s, 750 FA`s one 1100R, and a few GS 1000`S, 750`S etc - we called ouselves the Webbs.....(another story as to why).......to that end that we actually sponsored a bloke (mechanic who actually used to service our bikes - well the Hondas anyway), called "Rocket Ron Rowberry", and he raced at the Isle of Man TT under the banner "Team Webb".......when I think of that I think actually that was pretty cool..