Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Anyone else ride? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Anyone else ride? (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anyone else ride? - Onebad70ss - 04-30-2012 08:13 AM

Here's a little news story for ya boomer - A little WD40
and she should be good to go I think..

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/story/2012/04/29/bc-tsunami-debris-harley.html

I'm afraid there's going to be a lot more tsunami debris hitting our
B.C. coastline in the future. It's only just started.

RE: Anyone else ride? - NWoBHM - 04-30-2012 11:57 AM

Wow that is amazing and more than a little sad. I did read that there maybe bodies washing up over time too. A little like (is it Halifax?) where a lot of Titanic passengers finally ended their journey.

RE: Anyone else ride? - Onebad70ss - 04-30-2012 12:32 PM

Never really thought about bodies washing ashore, but I suppose that's a possibility. I know that we get feet washing ashore all the time, some with shoes on, some without. No one has really been able to figure out the real reason why those are hitting the beaches. One of life's mystery's I guess.

RE: Anyone else ride? - knitterbookbinder - 05-09-2012 09:03 AM

Spotted this on the Globe and Mail website this morning....

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/car-life/road-sage/why-one-uneasy-rider-sued-bmw-for-an-awesome-problem/article2426196/

RE: Anyone else ride? - Nung - 05-09-2012 09:19 AM

Yup, this story has been all over the bike boards.
Another example of just how stupid (or manipulative/fame seeking) our general public is.
Trying to sue BMW because of the aftermarket CORBIN seat...really?

RE: Anyone else ride? - Jetrow - 05-10-2012 07:15 PM

A funny thing happened on the way home from the grocery store.
As it was so nice toward the end of the day today I thought I would take my old Monte Carlo out for a cruise. Picked up my honey pie from work and stopped on the way home to pick up a few things.

When I came out, as often is the case, there are a couple of guys talking about my car. I pass one of them as he was heading into the store. Nothing out of the ordinary at all. Just happened to notice him.
Got to my car and while tossing the bags in, looked at the bike parked next to the car. Nice silver BMW GS 1200. Thought, I knew of someone else who rides something like that. Took a moment and just checked out the bike, saddle bags, looked like it had been driven too. Not just a city bike. Ah well, hoped in and off we went.

Slowly, it starts to fall into place, perhaps imagination got involved, but that guy I passed, he was wearing riding gear and had a helmet.
Kinda curly hair too. Big guy, and it started to dawn on me that it could have been Brutus I just walked past.

So Brutus, if you happened to notice a brown 73 Monte Carlo in the Sobey's parking lot on Broadview, then belated Hi, how are ya mate!
Big Grin

RE: Anyone else ride? - Sunset - 08-23-2012 10:53 AM

(04-22-2010 09:12 AM)ForceTen Wrote:  .Anyone else ride?

Oh yes indeedy...

Motorcycles have been an intrinsic part of my life since I was 9yrs old. Hobbies and avocations seem to come and go for me...5yrs or so seems to be the usual shelf life for any particular activity before I grow bored and move on. The exceptions to this situation are commitment to family, and motorcycles. I'll never, ever let go of either one.

Started off with dirtybikes, and continue to ride them any chance I get.
[Image: 7.jpg]
[Image: 5.jpg]

Graduated to sportbikes, which inevitably led to racing at the club level.

Before sponsorship(note duct tape comp# lol)...
[Image: button08-23-05a.jpg]
[Image: button08-23-05c.jpg]

After sponsorship...
[Image: SOW6-29012a.jpg]

[Image: nep1.jpg]

Doing my job as a staff instructor, policing track day sessions on one of the new Yami R6's that Yamaha North America(our major sponsor) gave us every year.
[Image: YAKR6.jpg]

Then 3yrs ago, with the help of friends, I discovered the ST zen. Now I burble around backroads and twisty bits on an overweight, underpowered Landbarge. Loving every second of it!Cool

http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta/showthread.php?tid=1003

RE: Anyone else ride? - Boomer - 08-23-2012 11:05 AM

I would LOVE to take a one day course or whatever it is on RACING techniques. I think there are so many different little things you can pick up to make your street riding safer and more enjoyable, although Im not sure I want to try any of that heavy cornering stuff on my Harley.

RE: Anyone else ride? - Sunset - 08-23-2012 11:17 AM

(08-23-2012 11:05 AM)Boomer Wrote:  I would LOVE to take a one day course or whatever it is on RACING techniques. I think there are so many different little things you can pick up to make your street riding safer and more enjoyable, although Im not sure I want to try any of that heavy cornering stuff on my Harley.

Not sure what's available in your area, but if you'd like I can pm ya a link for an org in Cali that's exactly what you're looking for. Then maybe you can cross reference and dial in on a similar org in your area?

RE: Anyone else ride? - smoker guy - 08-23-2012 11:45 AM

(08-23-2012 11:17 AM)Sunset Wrote:  
(08-23-2012 11:05 AM)Boomer Wrote:  I would LOVE to take a one day course or whatever it is on RACING techniques. I think there are so many different little things you can pick up to make your street riding safer and more enjoyable, although Im not sure I want to try any of that heavy cornering stuff on my Harley.

Not sure what's available in your area, but if you'd like I can pm ya a link for an org in Cali that's exactly what you're looking for. Then maybe you can cross reference and dial in on a similar org in your area?

Hey Boomer, try looking up Mid America Motorplex. It's a track in Pacific Junction, IA(located just South of Council Bluffs on I-29). Its a road course that was built originally for club racing bikes, then they added cars and I'm sure they could lead you to some instruction courses. I was going to race my Subaru out there with a group I used to be in.