Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Anyone else ride? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Anyone else ride? (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anyone else ride? - ForceTen - 04-26-2010 06:09 PM

(04-26-2010 02:22 PM)boomer Wrote:  To say I like to ride is a bit of an understatement. Unfortunately, it is hard to find fellow riders with similar tastes and appetites. I am hopeful that some time during the month of August I can make it up to the Twin Cities on my bike, but we will see. Its our 25th wedding anniversary this year, and my wife has another destination a bit further south for a week of resting on the beach, attending some sporting events, and more resting on the beach.

If you do, give me a head's up. Be happy to meet you somewhere for a drink (hopefully non-alcoholic if you're riding). August would be a perfect opportunity to make it up to the Twin Cities. Especially August 27th. Rush is at the MN State Fair. Big Grin Already have my tickets (in the nose bleed section unfortunately).

RE: Anyone else ride? - mArNiAc - 04-26-2010 06:14 PM

(04-22-2010 09:12 AM)ForceTen Wrote:  Every forum I'm on, there's at least a few riders...

I haven't been on the street for a few years now. But, I ride mostly race tracks and motocross now. I do miss the occasional jaunt to one of the many restaurants in the area though.

Anyone else ride?

I ride a 2003 Harley-Davidson Sportster. I actually had some guys object when I bought it, saying "It's a chick bike!" Since I'm female, my response was "Well, duh." I live in Florida so there is a lot of good weather for riding, but we don't have any really exciting rides like some of you have described.

RE: Anyone else ride? - Boomer - 04-26-2010 06:19 PM

(04-26-2010 06:09 PM)ForceTen Wrote:  
(04-26-2010 02:22 PM)boomer Wrote:  To say I like to ride is a bit of an understatement. Unfortunately, it is hard to find fellow riders with similar tastes and appetites. I am hopeful that some time during the month of August I can make it up to the Twin Cities on my bike, but we will see. Its our 25th wedding anniversary this year, and my wife has another destination a bit further south for a week of resting on the beach, attending some sporting events, and more resting on the beach.

If you do, give me a head's up. Be happy to meet you somewhere for a drink (hopefully non-alcoholic if you're riding). August would be a perfect opportunity to make it up to the Twin Cities. Especially August 27th. Rush is at the MN State Fair. Big Grin Already have my tickets (in the nose bleed section unfortunately).

I think we are on the same page!!! My wife just bought my ticket. Nothing to write home about, but hey, after what happened during S&A - I am thankful just to have a chance to be in the audience! Be all too happy to take you up on that drink, but alcohol and my Harley do NOT mix, so I quit drinking cold turkey. Come to think of it - I think I even quit cold turkey too. Make mine a 7UP or an ice tea - it will be summer time up there. You name the place and I'll be there. I will most likely spend the night up there anyway. My wife wants to visit Mall of America, so I guess I better make sure my credit cards are good!!!Big Grin

RE: Anyone else ride? - ForceTen - 04-26-2010 06:39 PM

(04-26-2010 06:14 PM)mArNiAc Wrote:  I ride a 2003 Harley-Davidson Sportster. I actually had some guys object when I bought it, saying "It's a chick bike!" Since I'm female, my response was "Well, duh." I live in Florida so there is a lot of good weather for riding, but we don't have any really exciting rides like some of you have described.

Hey, it's a bike. It's got two wheels, an engine, a seat, and handlebars. Can't go wrong with that! It's good to see there's some women on here whom ride as well.

(04-26-2010 06:19 PM)boomer Wrote:  I think we are on the same page!!! My wife just bought my ticket. Nothing to write home about, but hey, after what happened during S&A - I am thankful just to have a chance to be in the audience! Be all too happy to take you up on that drink, but alcohol and my Harley do NOT mix, so I quit drinking cold turkey. Come to think of it - I think I even quit cold turkey too. Make mine a 7UP or an ice tea - it will be summer time up there. You name the place and I'll be there. I will most likely spend the night up there anyway. My wife wants to visit Mall of America, so I guess I better make sure my credit cards are good!!!Big Grin

Well, as far as I recall, there's still the milk bar at the State Fair. Maybe that would work? Of course, you can't go 100 feet without running into a food and drink vendor it seems as I recall. It's been over 15 years since I was last at the State Fair as we prefer to go to the Renaissance Festival. But, this is a special occasion and I'm not going to miss Rush. Perhaps we could find something to peak Brutus' interest while we're there. Wink

Quote:Nothing to write home about, but hey, after what happened during S&A - I am thankful just to have a chance to be in the audience!

Huh? What?

Speaking of the MoA, was just there today. Kind of a fair distance for me as I live on the other side of the cities. But, I make it down there on occasion. If you make it to the Twin Cities before the concert, let me know. Could always hit up Hooters for wings.

RE: Anyone else ride? - wineguy - 04-26-2010 06:43 PM

(04-22-2010 09:12 AM)ForceTen Wrote:  Every forum I'm on, there's at least a few riders...

I haven't been on the street for a few years now. But, I ride mostly race tracks and motocross now. I do miss the occasional jaunt to one of the many restaurants in the area though.

Anyone else ride?

Planning a ride from Napa to Seattle and back this August after I bottle my 2008 cabernet
(04-26-2010 06:14 PM)mArNiAc Wrote:  

Anyone else ride?

I ride a 2003 Harley-Davidson Sportster. I actually had some guys object when I bought it, saying "It's a chick bike!" Since I'm female, my response was "Well, duh." I live in Florida so there is a lot of good weather for riding, but we don't have any really exciting rides like some of you have described.

Where in Florida? I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

RE: Anyone else ride? - mArNiAc - 04-26-2010 06:47 PM

(04-26-2010 06:43 PM)wineguy Wrote:  Where in Florida? I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

Apopka, right outside of Orlando.

RE: Anyone else ride? - Boomer - 04-26-2010 07:33 PM

Quote:Nothing to write home about, but hey, after what happened during S&A - I am thankful just to have a chance to be in the audience!

Huh? What?

Speaking of the MoA, was just there today. Kind of a fair distance for me as I live on the other side of the cities. But, I make it down there on occasion. If you make it to the Twin Cities before the concert, let me know. Could always hit up Hooters for wings.

Oh - forgot. Wrong forum. I had a nice seat for one of the Chicago shows on the S&A tour. Got my shirt, hat, had a hotel reserved everything was ready. Until! Two days before the show, my wife sustained some sort of injury to the ciatic nerve in her back, virtually paralyzing her. She spent a solid week in the hospital, and unfortunately for me, one of those days was that tour date. It just seems like every tour the boys go on I have had some sort of "calamity", so this time around, my wife spent her money on my ticket, and she is under strict doctors care. I dont care if I have to drag my body there in buckets I will be there. Even if I have to call the MARINES!

I may make a dry run for a couple days up that way, so if there is a Hooters close by - that would be a great spot to hook up. We have anniversary plans in July, but Hooters sounds great!
(04-26-2010 06:47 PM)mArNiAc Wrote:  
(04-26-2010 06:43 PM)wineguy Wrote:  Where in Florida? I'm in Fort Lauderdale.

Apopka, right outside of Orlando.

I have to agree - as long as its got handlebars an engine etc, I think its just awesome that you are riding. My sister has been riding for years anyway - I tend to believe women are better riders than men because they take less chances and seem to be a bit more respectful on the road, IMHO!

RE: Anyone else ride? - ForceTen - 04-26-2010 07:43 PM

(04-26-2010 07:33 PM)boomer Wrote:  Oh - forgot. Wrong forum. I had a nice seat for one of the Chicago shows on the S&A tour. Got my shirt, hat, had a hotel reserved everything was ready. Until! Two days before the show, my wife sustained some sort of injury to the ciatic nerve in her back, virtually paralyzing her. She spent a solid week in the hospital, and unfortunately for me, one of those days was that tour date. It just seems like every tour the boys go on I have had some sort of "calamity", so this time around, my wife spent her money on my ticket, and she is under strict doctors care. I dont care if I have to drag my body there in buckets I will be there. Even if I have to call the MARINES!

Wow, what a thing to cause you to miss a phenomenal concert. But, you did the right thing and props to you for that!

Quote:I may make a dry run for a couple days up that way, so if there is a Hooters close by - that would be a great spot to hook up. We have anniversary plans in July, but Hooters sounds great!

There's a Hooter's in the MoA. I think it's up on fourth floor. Been a while since I was up there...

That's going to be a kind of boring ride though if you're coming up I35. But, better than caging it at times.

RE: Anyone else ride? - Boomer - 04-26-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:I may make a dry run for a couple days up that way, so if there is a Hooters close by - that would be a great spot to hook up. We have anniversary plans in July, but Hooters sounds great!

There's a Hooter's in the MoA. I think it's up on fourth floor. Been a while since I was up there...

That's going to be a kind of boring ride though if you're coming up I35. But, better than caging it at times.
[/quote]

Actually she feels just awful about it even to this day. There were several tours I was in the Navy. Couple tours I missed because we had babies, but now that I have all that stuff out of the way - my wife has pretty much ordered me to go. Its a tough assignment but I'll just have to go!

As far as boring, it depends on your perspective. I took off for Owatonna last summer and spent three hours at Cabelas. I actually enjoy the time and the ride because it is not at work. It also reminds me a little of a place out west in Oregon I used to ride all the time. I hate to say it but its way more interesting than riding thru cornfields all the time!

RE: Anyone else ride? - old honda rider - 04-26-2010 09:11 PM

For those outside the Great White North, there's a movie I can suggest which shows many of the highlights going from Toronto to Vancouver Island.

It's called One Week, the story of one man's trek across Canada on an old Norton.

I took an Australian friend to see it when it first opened and she was entranced by the scenery and stops along the way.

Plenty of Canadian musicians show up in the movie too; Emm Gryner, Gord Downie to name just a couple. Sadly, no Neil...

If you've never had the desire to travel by motorcycle across Canada, I can virtually guarantee you will after you see the film.