Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Anyone else ride? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Anyone else ride? (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anyone else ride? - dinga52 - 05-03-2010 08:17 PM

Ride a Kawasaki Concours a 2000. not the newer one . Live just on the outer edge of the Adirondack Park in upstate NY .. back roads tons of them . Scenery is always great , can stop by the side of the road anywhere take pics. or just soak up the greatness of the area . Headed to Americade next month will be there all week great vacation and plenty of bikers to chat with . along with good food , good company, and just relaxing soaking it all up !!!!

RE: Anyone else ride? - Sololson - 05-04-2010 01:43 PM

(05-03-2010 12:12 PM)Fozzie Wrote:  Eric,

I have yet to see the series, but I've read about it and will eventually get it through netflix if I can. Since we're in the same realm of Sacramento, we should get together and do some of these destination rides to nowhere, finding mom and pop places for good eats. I can see travel-food logs in a section on this forum already Big Grin.

Sounds like a good plan to me, although I just signed up for my summer and fall classes, and I don't think time is gonna be on my side for a whole lot elseConfused. I do want to take a ride up to Alice's for sure at some point. Supposed to be very motorcycle friendly and a nice ride, and hopefully the food ain't too bad either!

RE: Anyone else ride? - Flazer - 05-05-2010 12:18 AM

(05-04-2010 01:43 PM)Sololson Wrote:  
(05-03-2010 12:12 PM)Fozzie Wrote:  Eric,

I have yet to see the series, but I've read about it and will eventually get it through netflix if I can. Since we're in the same realm of Sacramento, we should get together and do some of these destination rides to nowhere, finding mom and pop places for good eats. I can see travel-food logs in a section on this forum already Big Grin.

Sounds like a good plan to me, although I just signed up for my summer and fall classes, and I don't think time is gonna be on my side for a whole lot elseConfused. I do want to take a ride up to Alice's for sure at some point. Supposed to be very motorcycle friendly and a nice ride, and hopefully the food ain't too bad either!

I feel you. School gets most of my free time, but it's important to do the things you enjoy, to help recharge the batteries so you can focus better on school. We'll figure something out.

I guess I forgot to mention in this thread (I mentioned it in the intro thread) that I ride a ZRX1200R. Not sure if we're discouraged from posting pictures at this point, so if we are, then the admins can edit my post.

But here's a pic of my current ride.

RE: Anyone else ride? - tmac.107 - 05-05-2010 08:04 PM

Oh yes....I ride!! I have an '08 Triumph Tiger that is a blast to ride. I have been riding seriously for 6 years but have had a license for 20 years. After my divorce I realized what I had been missing by not having a motorcycle. That is where the "serious" riding came in. I had to keep my mind occupied- trying not to think about a divorce.

I live in Denver and with so many roads to ride in the mountains I am never bored. I take my usual 2 trips (or so) to see the family in Salt Lake, Utah. It is always great fun to plan a route and go to Utah. I always seem to end up in Steamboat Springs, CO. For some reason Steamboat Lake has captured my soul. Can't explain it but I don't fight it either!

Like most folks on this thread, there isn't enough time to take the long trip. I have many mapped out and budgeted for. Once the lottery ticket pays out I am outta here for an adventure!!Cool

riding twisty ribbons on my crisp-handling VFR - Kirk A - 05-06-2010 10:39 AM

Grew up riding dirt, now I enjoy twisty trips ... sport touring. See various VFR rides and Canadian Gran Prix trips for some stories and pix. Me? I'm on the left. My bike? See here for details.

I haven't been on a major ride in the last three years due in part to 1) broken clavicle surgery and rehabilitation, and 2) because I have recently allocated a chunk of my personal time to the new incarnation of an old hobby -- competitive shooting (formerly smallbore, now conventional pistol). Consequently, I spend a full week attending the National Championships at Camp Perry each July. And this year I'll be adding the Canton Regional warm-up en route. One of these years, I'll take the bike too.

Cheers,
Kirk

RE: Anyone else ride? - junglelord - 05-06-2010 05:42 PM

Back on my bike after a two year layoff due to a severe degeneration of my spine. I have a Honda NightHawk 550 sporttouring bike.
It is mint and a joy to be back on the road.
A truly wonderful way to heal.
Cheers

PS, dinga52, I live just on the Canadian side of the river, just north of Massena New York and the Akwesasne Mohawk Reservation.
I love the Adirondacks. I come down via 458 from St. Regis Falls.
Are you close to that location?

Americade in Lake George is the cats meow.
Dean

RE: Anyone else ride? - furkengroovin - 05-09-2010 05:03 PM

I have been riding just a few short years now. I began when I turned 36 years old, so almost 4 years now. My first bike was a Suzuki V Strom .. Baby Strom if you will. Great bike I would like to add. I would never hesitate to pick up another bike of a similar style. Definitely an enjoyable ride. I gave up riding for last season, but the desire is drawing me back. I put 20,000 km on that bike and took a few scenic excursions through Northern Ontario. Destinations such as, North Bay, Temagami, Elk Lake and Timmins to name a few.

My search is on at the moment. I'm considering a Triumph Bonneville or Scrambler ?

RE: Anyone else ride? - paul - 05-09-2010 10:45 PM

hello,
flatlander here: 92 hd ultra classic. done a few road trips: 1983 K.C. to Sturgis Via Roosevelt,utah (kansas,colorado,utah,colorado,wyoming,nebraska,south dakota)
1997 K.C. to sturgis Via ks,missori,iowa,nebraska,south dakota, wyoming,montana,through yellowstone,grand tetons,montana,wyoming ,nebraska, iowa,missouri,kansas.
1998 K.C. to ashville north carolina, for the Honda Hoot, what a great time! our friends road a honda st 1100. the deal was: they went to sturgis with us in 1997.so we were to ride with them in 1998. north carolina 129, deals gap! great road! also: blue ridge parkway, beautiful country back east. every road off the interstate is a bike road! you meet the nicest people on a honda!
1999 K.C. to sturgis
2002 K.C. to sturgis
2003 K.C. to sturgis first time bike trailered (no brag just fact!)

so many great memories!

RE: Anyone else ride? - furkengroovin - 05-10-2010 10:10 PM

my close friend Kev.. amazingly not a music fan. I say that, but I'm sure he likes music. Just not "good" music. I think we all know what I am referring to ? Anyway.. he's down in Tennessee at the moment riding that Tail of the Dragon. I would have accompanied him on that ride. But like I said.. I'm bike-less. Pity on me.

RE: Anyone else ride? - Timmay! - 05-11-2010 05:44 PM

I definitely ride. Right now I have a '93 BMW K75. It's a great bike, and you can ride it all day long due to the great smooth 3 cylinder. Haven't done as much riding in the last two years due to the birth of my son, but I definitely get out when I can, and anytime the temp is between about 45 and as high as it gets, I am commuting to work on the BMW.

-Tim