Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Anyone else ride? - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Anyone else ride? (/showthread.php?tid=55)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

RE: Anyone else ride? - ForceTen - 06-28-2010 09:37 PM

The Go-Pro is an outstanding unit. Many of my trackday and motocross buddies have them and like them a lot. When I finally pick enough change out of the couch and sort through the pocket lint, I'm going to get one.

I've seen them fall of a bike at 150+ and still work. Same with them being dropped off a massive jump into mud. Very durable.

Here's a couple of sites that sell GoPro:

CLICKY 1 (Highly recommended company. Unsure if they do Cannuck orders though..)

Clicky2 (Good company to deal with, again not sure if they do Cannuck orders or not)

RE: Anyone else ride? - Sololson - 07-03-2010 10:11 AM

I don’t have personal experience with the GoPro, but everything I’ve heard about them sounds highly positive. The video I’ve seen always seems to come out really good. You can also pick one up here: http://www.pashnit.com/product/gopro/gopro_accessories.html#gopro Not sure if they're the cheapest, but they are a great site! (Great forum community, just like here.) I may have to pick one of these cameras up to go with my new bike. I just got my first GS, a 95 r1100 and red of course! Can’t wait to start packing on some miles, if only summer school would end!

RE: Anyone else ride? - Brutus - 07-03-2010 10:39 AM

I'm busy doing something I really enjoy....researching a product that I will soon order and begin to use. One of the benefits of hard work is that there are often rewards attached afterwards. I want to thank you for offering your tips and suggestions. I'm finding that there are numerous options out there and as I search deeper the picture will eventually begin to come into focus. Often I find that it comes down to not simply that you get what you pay for but more you don't get what you don't pay for. Why is one maufacturer charging more than the other? Am I paying money for some option I don't really need? What is the company's history and customer satisfaction review? Will I regret not spending a few more bucks for a better unit? I'll give feedback as I begin this adventure. Here is a good source for info on several different units by various manufacturers.

http://www.helmetcamlive.com/

RE: Anyone else ride? - Sololson - 08-21-2010 08:01 PM

Last weekend before Fall school semester starts, I jammed up to Tahoe on my new (to me) GS. Wouldn't you know it, middle of August and it decides to rain on me. Oh well, makes a better story to tell I guess. Now it will be nothing but my nose buried in books again. At least I have a few good summer memories... Rush concert and some good riding on the GS. I hope you other riders are getting in some good summer miles!

RE: Anyone else ride? - ForceTen - 08-25-2010 08:28 AM

I'm going through withdrawals...

I've only done five trackdays this year and have only been on the dirt riding motocross twice this year. My plans of racing MX were dashed long ago.

Too many pots on the stove and some things got neglected...

RE: Anyone else ride? - Mufasa - 08-25-2010 08:28 PM

Lately I've been looking at used BMWs. R series... K series.
All I know is that I will be going "quite a ways" and it won't be on goat trails - thus the lean towards the above.
Brutus, you and Bubba have mucho experience with the Adventure series... but have you spent time on either of what I am looking into? Anyone?

RE: Anyone else ride? - Nung - 08-26-2010 10:12 AM

(08-25-2010 08:28 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Lately I've been looking at used BMWs. R series... K series.
All I know is that I will be going "quite a ways" and it won't be on goat trails - thus the lean towards the above.
Brutus, you and Bubba have mucho experience with the Adventure series... but have you spent time on either of what I am looking into? Anyone?

I touched one once!
But seriously, while I do not have BMW experience i do have some KTM experience. Their 990 Adventure is a fine bike. Don't miss checking them out. The ADV forum has sub-forums for BMW's, KTM's, and Kawawaski KLR's...great advice there...check it out! Good luck!

RE: Anyone else ride? - ForceTen - 08-26-2010 08:30 PM

(08-25-2010 08:28 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Lately I've been looking at used BMWs. R series... K series.

Not to take away from the fine line of BMW's. But, you might want to also consider other bikes such as:

Yamaha FJR-1300

Honda ST1300

Honda VFR Interceptor (I know it looks like a sport bike, but it's a very comfortable mid sized sport-touring bike)

Kawasaki Concours 14

Again, not to take away from BMW's fine line of bikes. But, I keep questioning myself when I look at them because BMW isn't as common here in North America as it is elsewhere. The Japanese bikes are extremely durable, and dealerships are far more common than BMW ones are.

RE: Anyone else ride? - old honda rider - 08-26-2010 08:48 PM

Mufasa listed out some very fine bikes. I especially like the Concours.

I'd also add the Honda CBF1000.

[Image: cbf1000-06-16-d9852.jpg]

My banker doesn't know it yet, but the above-mentioned Honda is going to be my next bike. Heart

RE: Anyone else ride? - Mufasa - 08-28-2010 12:09 PM

My wife doesn't know it yet, but....

[Image: k12a.th.jpg]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Eeees so purrrrty!