Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Bubba's May 2011 update. - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Bubba's May 2011 update. (/showthread.php?tid=619)

Pages: 1 2 3

Bubba's May 2011 update. - Paul Doherty - 04-30-2011 04:41 PM

Bubba: Thanks again for the update and allowing us a glimpse inside. Spring is finally here in Syracuse N.Y., I think.

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - Scythe Matters - 05-01-2011 04:13 AM

Yes, we appreciate it so much that you take the time to keep us up to date. Your willingness to share your life and thoughts is very generous. Thank you.

Spring is a tad schizophrenic in the Northwest.....

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - Bageleth - 05-01-2011 09:58 AM

(05-01-2011 04:13 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Yes, we appreciate it so much that you take the time to keep us up to date. Your willingness to share your life and thoughts is very generous. Thank you.

Spring is a tad schizophrenic in the Northwest.....

Yes it is! LOL!

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - Nettie - 05-01-2011 10:40 AM

It has been in the Midwest as well. Good thing you weren't riding through here. You would have needed heated everything!

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - Mufasa - 05-01-2011 11:23 AM

I wonder where that one lane bridge is that they were crossing...

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - RN-PRN - 05-01-2011 06:11 PM

(05-01-2011 10:40 AM)nettiesaur Wrote:  It has been in the Midwest as well. Good thing you weren't riding through here. You would have needed heated everything!

I bet he needed it when he was riding through Michigan. It was cold the night they were here and he woke up to snow in Sarnia, across the border. I hope he had his cold weather gear with him!

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - Boomer - 05-01-2011 08:44 PM

I reread Bubba's latest over again, for about the eighth time. Two things I am struck by. One - he has never used heated riding attire to that level at least that I can recall, and two - who in Noah's flea bitten ark would EVER accuse B of being a "faith-basher"? I know he has been accused of many things, but thats just downright appalling.

But - I "think" that last pic is somewhere in either eastern Ohio or western PA. Those type of bridges are fairly commonplace in that area, but not as much further west, although you do see them on occassion, just not that narrow. I will say this - I HATE crossing those types of bridges on a motorcycle.

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - Scythe Matters - 05-02-2011 02:20 AM

(05-01-2011 08:44 PM)boomer Wrote:  I reread Bubba's latest over again, for about the eighth time. Two things I am struck by. One - he has never used heated riding attire to that level at least that I can recall, and two - who in Noah's flea bitten ark would EVER accuse B of being a "faith-basher"? I know he has been accused of many things, but thats just downright appalling.

There are lots of people who do that, Boomer. It's unfortunate but some folks just can't stand to have their faith questioned, even if it is done in a song. They really hate "Faithless"- boy, howdy! Ya see, they focus on "I don't have faith in faith..." and totally disregard the latter part of the chorus ("I still cling to hope, still believe in love"). They're not fond of BU2B, either (though I try to point out that that song is from a character's POV and ferpetessake WAIT for the whole story to unfold on CA).

As far as I'm concerned, hope and love are what any faith should ultimately be about; hope for our souls and love for one another. So I don't see Bubba's lyrics as an attack at all. But, well... some folks just haven't enough faith I guess Wink

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - Boomer - 05-02-2011 07:22 AM

I know Scythe - thats the reason I posted that. Its no different than watching some of these televangelists who jump up n down screaming yelling (asking for money) based on ONE VERSE in the Bible, and they fail to read the entire context which gives that one verse a totally different meaning.

I believe - IMHO - that those lyrics to "Faithless" are amongst the most beautiful lyrics NEP has written, because they explain to me how he feels deep inside, and thats a wonderful thing.

RE: Bubba's May 2011 update. - Bageleth - 05-02-2011 08:42 AM

Well sometimes, those who are of a faith have been mocked or had their intelligence for having a faith questioned so many times (and in my personal experience, it's been rather mean), and they just get tired of it, and it may cause one to be overly sensitive. Now yes, there are those who do fly off the handle at one verse, and makes the rest of us cringe because others who aren't of a faith or believe start wondering (and others just jump to the conclusion that we all believe what the fool on tv, or the fools picketing funerals believes).

I wouldn't say that Bubba is a basher. I've experienced some bashing and talking about church signs doesn't quite qualify. I've seen a few of those signs and just think, "Hmmmmmmmmm.........yeah"