Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Doh!!! moments - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Doh!!! moments (/showthread.php?tid=688)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: Doh!!! moments - Boomer - 07-01-2011 10:14 AM

A good navy buddy bought a Corvette in 1985, and insisted on travelling in that darn thing at supersonic speeds. I mean he would just blast all over the place in it until one day our CO asked him why he would insist on being in such a hurry in that beautiful machine when no one actually saw him driving it. I prefer to ride slow, steady so that people actually SEE the sh*t eating grin on my face all over town. Why go 200 MPH and no one sees you when you can go 50 MPH and everyone sees you.

You know - that club soda will stunt your growth!

RE: Doh!!! moments - Boomer - 07-01-2011 10:32 AM

Ok - just had a DOH moment that I just will not live down. Got the latest edits done for the project I have been whining about the last couple weeks. Finished yesterday, got the pdf file created everything set to send to plot up for review. Emailed the repro company we use, sent in what I THOUGHT was the pdf file, turned out to be a PNG file that the repro company cant use.

The tech who just called thought perhaps I had already clocked out for the weekend. Apparently my new nickname is "Bonehead" Boomer.

Check it out: Woodland Cove 2nd Addition

RE: Doh!!! moments - Gungawoman - 07-01-2011 10:38 AM

(07-01-2011 10:32 AM)boomer Wrote:  Ok - just had a DOH moment that I just will not live down. Got the latest edits done for the project I have been whining about the last couple weeks. Finished yesterday, got the pdf file created everything set to send to plot up for review. Emailed the repro company we use, sent in what I THOUGHT was the pdf file, turned out to be a PNG file that the repro company cant use.

The tech who just called thought perhaps I had already clocked out for the weekend. Apparently my new nickname is "Bonehead" Boomer.

Very nice "BB". My brother in law does this in Couer d'Alene, Idaho. I'm not sure why, but I really like looking at plat maps. Any maps, actually.

RE: Doh!!! moments - Detroit Dan - 07-01-2011 11:46 AM

If you ever used clipless pedals on a bicycle then you have had a Doh!!! moment when you stop without un-clipping first. I magine trying to balance on a bike without rolling, then... you can't put you foot down.

RE: Doh!!! moments - Nettie - 07-01-2011 11:55 AM

(07-01-2011 10:32 AM)boomer Wrote:  Ok - just had a DOH moment that I just will not live down. Got the latest edits done for the project I have been whining about the last couple weeks. Finished yesterday, got the pdf file created everything set to send to plot up for review. Emailed the repro company we use, sent in what I THOUGHT was the pdf file, turned out to be a PNG file that the repro company cant use.

Hey, you were working while on vacation...stuff happens.
As for my "Doh" moment: My roommate has a huge cast iron frying pan that won't fit into any of the cupboards, so we store it in the oven. I often turn on the oven without remembering the pan is in there, and that is one heavy pan! Taking it out requires 2 hands, and an empty space for it on top of the stove. Try that when you have kettles of stuff cooking for dinner, a baking sheet is in your hand, and the roommate is no where to be found. But it's a great pan, and it holds a huge batch of spaghetti sauce. I just never remember to take it out of the oven.

RE: Doh!!! moments - smoker guy - 07-02-2011 06:56 AM

(07-01-2011 11:46 AM)Detroit Dan Wrote:  If you ever used clipless pedals on a bicycle then you have had a Doh!!! moment when you stop without un-clipping first. I magine trying to balance on a bike without rolling, then... you can't put you foot down.

Yes, I can imagine it. It also brings back some painful funny memories. I called those strap-in pedals suicide pedals.Big Grin

RE: Doh!!! moments - Sunset - 08-10-2012 01:00 PM

Many track day orgs have reciprocal agreements...they come to our events and ride free and vice versa. I was taking advantage of the agreement at Thunder Hill with one of our friendly reciprocal orgs. It was the first time I'd ever been there, and I wanted to get up to speed quickly in order to represent my org in the best possible light.

While going through the mental gymnastics necessary to get dialed in asap...I failed to notice the checkers on the last lap, and consequently had to ride what is referred to as "the lap of shame" all by my lonesome.

As I pitted...cursing my stupidity...I hear on the PA: HEY MR VICTORY LAP, PLEASE REPORT TO THE REG DESK IMMEDIATELY FOR A REFRESHER ON PROPER TRACK EXIT STRATEGY!!!

Naturally, the call was made to my crew back home before I even left the event. So I got tagged with the nickname "Victory Lap" for a couple months.

Ugh...Blush

RE: Doh!!! moments - Scythe Matters - 08-11-2012 03:35 AM

[Image: doh.gif]

RE: Doh!!! moments - Scooter Britches - 08-11-2012 03:14 PM

Sunset...yep, we make fun of the Victory lap guys here at Miller too! Smile

Ok...so the moment when you realize you've left your cell/computer/whatever charging cord in the last hotel you were at and it's too far away to turn around. I left my computer cord in a hotel and didn't realize it until I got into the next destination 6 hours later. D'oh!

(yay for Best Buys having compatible replacements!)