Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
July's Update is up! - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: July's Update is up! (/showthread.php?tid=709)

Pages: 1 2

July's Update is up! - Bageleth - 07-15-2011 03:44 PM

I saw a picture of wall of snow and assumed "Crater Lake" and I think I was right!

RE: July's Update is up! - RN-PRN - 07-15-2011 04:02 PM

(07-15-2011 03:44 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  I saw a picture of wall of snow and assumed "Crater Lake" and I think I was right!

Oooooo...I can't wait to read it!!

RE: July's Update is up! - Scythe Matters - 07-15-2011 06:05 PM

Oh, that was such a wonderful read! I was so thrilled to see that Bubba and the Boys thought the Gorge was a "magic show" - I know I felt that way even with Murphy's meddling with me.

I was also pleased to read that Bubba and Michael got to do the ride around the Olympic Peninsula. I've always wanted to recommend that to them. It's every bit as lovely - and as wet - as Bubba writes. And don't get me started on those damned logging trucks! Suffice it to say that that road isn't the only one they are a PITA on.

The one thing that upset me was poor Olivia. I feel so guilty when I read something like that. Or when Bubba writes about feeling poorly or being injured. I love to see the Boys play live but I don't want them to be harmed either physically or emotionally.

I so love these updates. They are wonderful glimpses into Bubba's travels and life. I love the history he gets in there, too. But, having grown up in Vegas, I just can't get as excited about the desert as Bubba can... Confused Wink

RE: July's Update is up! - Snapdad - 07-15-2011 06:23 PM

I always enjoy reading his writing about my home, Washington. I particularly like how he described my favorite place on earth, Chinook Pass and the surrounding area as 'unparalleled'. I tend to agree, but I have to give full disclosure, I've been going up there since I was a very small boy. My ancestors would pan for gold in Morse Creek and other areas in the American River Valley and other nifty parts of the William O. Douglas forests. Having family in both the Yakima area and the Seattle/Tacoma area has given me ample opportunity to really explore these mountains and I think that 'unparalleled' is a huge part of the reason I still live here.
Soon the lupine landscape will erupt in colors and shapes of fragile beauty and it's simply a marvelous time to go up there and escape the race down here by the Sound. The show indeed was f-in delightful, just like the whole tour. I didn't know that I was to bear witness to a 'first' by Mr. Lee, but was tickled and proud to be a part of it. I can't wait for those bikes to return to the PNW so I can read more reflections about a place so familiar and dear to me. I always learn something new, too, which is inspiring. I had no idea that Sedro Woolley was once called 'Bug'. But then again, history is rich here, as it is in many places.
I yearn to feel that Chinook wind on my face soon. What a treat. Thanks for the great update, and enjoy your well deserved respite.

RE: July's Update is up! - Patty - 07-15-2011 06:29 PM

That was a great read!

I took a childhood friend of mine to her first Rush show at the Gorge on July 2nd. She recently lost 150 pounds and I treated her to a front row seat. She had so much fun, she's talking about their next tour. We have a new Rush fan!

This show was my 50th, and it took place on my brother's 50th birthday. So, I called him during "Time Stand Still" and let him listen for a couple of minutes.

When Geddy dropped the F-bomb, I turned to my friend and exclaimed, "He's NEVER said that before!" Of course, I've only attended 50 shows out of ??? So, what do I know?

RE: July's Update is up! - RN-PRN - 07-15-2011 08:29 PM

That WAS a great read!!! He describes things so well that you feel you are right there with him.

RE: July's Update is up! - Gungawoman - 07-15-2011 09:00 PM

How nice to get the update! Too bad he couldn't stop in Show Low. We live about 10 minutes (but feels like light years) west, in Linden. It was interesting to hear about the crew, also. I wondered how many crew members there were. The pic of him smiling was wonderful. I saw him smile only once in Phoenix. Yes, it was at Alex's antics Smile
And then, Olivia.....breaking her Daddy's heart. I'm glad she has him back again! Thanks for sharing him with us!

RE: July's Update is up! - smoker guy - 07-15-2011 09:41 PM

I didn't get past the pic of Michael when I had to start laughimg. I have a co-driver(share a semi twice a week) who rambles on about motorcycling when he neither owns or even knows how to ride. He calls ADV(adventure) riders a bunch of idiots. I am a novitiate of this style of riding. I will not lie...it was Bubba, Brutus, and Michael that pointed me out in the direction of riding that I gravitate towards. He thinks that bikes are only for local travel or riding the interstatesAngry. He has even gone so far as saying that I am wasting gas and making my wife suffer for taking two vehicles on a week long vacation thru North Minnesota. I do this as 1.) I am a new rider who doesn't trust himself to a passenger on a bike, and more importantly 2.) my bike is a 650 dual-purpose, i.e. a single seater.

Where is this going...I don't know, but I want to thank Bubba, Brutus, and Michael for showing me the style of riding I wa looking for.Big Grin

RE: July's Update is up! - Nettie - 07-15-2011 10:10 PM

One more reason to love the way Neil writes. He puts you right there with his description.
Thanks for a great update.

I'm glad he can focus on being Oliva's daddy for a while.

RE: July's Update is up! - RN-PRN - 07-15-2011 10:23 PM

(07-15-2011 10:10 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I'm glad he can focus on being Oliva's daddy for a while.

Definitely!! One of the most important things!!!