Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
July's Update is up! - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: July's Update is up! (/showthread.php?tid=709)

Pages: 1 2

RE: July's Update is up! - Phillip - 07-15-2011 10:30 PM

I have just discovered Bubba's book's. I am half way finished with Far and Away. I have RoadShow on order. But during that time I have his past articles. His writing and his descriptions brings you with him on his journey's. Basically his writings is talking to you (like a conversation) rather than at you. It's a wondeful read.

RE: July's Update is up! - Snapdad - 07-15-2011 11:09 PM

(07-15-2011 06:29 PM)Patty Wrote:  I took a childhood friend of mine to her first Rush show at the Gorge on July 2nd. She recently lost 150 pounds and I treated her to a front row seat. She had so much fun, she's talking about their next tour. We have a new Rush fan!

This show was my 50th, and it took place on my brother's 50th birthday. So, I called him during "Time Stand Still" and let him listen for a couple of minutes.

When Geddy dropped the F-bomb, I turned to my friend and exclaimed, "He's NEVER said that before!" Of course, I've only attended 50 shows out of ??? So, what do I know?

I pinged you about that extra ticket but never heard back from you. Sad Well, I hope whomever got it had fun. Sounds like you guys had a great time. Excited to hear about your friend. So many positive things!

RE: July's Update is up! - Scythe Matters - 07-16-2011 04:01 AM

Just remembered something... I wish I'd been able to tell Bubba about Lake Crescent, which they rode around at the North end of the Olympic Peninsula. It's a long (8 miles) and deep (at least 600 feet) and very cold lake (about 44 degrees F. all year long). It is undeniably beautiful but it harbors a couple of mysteries and at least one ghost story. I know that Bubba appreciates local lore - so I'm hoping he sees this:

The Lady Of The Lake

I have a fascinating book called Weird Washington that is full of local stories, legends, etc. I'd love to send Bubba a copy (if that would be okay) as I know he'd find it interesting and it may give him a future destination or two in our fair state. Cool

RE: July's Update is up! - Patty - 07-16-2011 11:01 PM

I found some incredible amateur videos that were shot at the Gorge show, (7/2) on youtube! This guy must have been sitting about three rows directly behind me.

Go to youtube and type in sektaran gorge. The encore is particularly F***ing AWESOME!

PS I'm the jumping bean in the bottom left corner.

RE: July's Update is up! - Scooter Britches - 07-17-2011 01:19 AM

Thanks Patty...I just spent about 90 min watching those...freakin awesome!!! I can't wait til the next tour!!!

RE: July's Update is up! - oogustus - 07-21-2011 04:25 PM

If I "Twittered My Face" I would put these excellent vids up on all three. Thnx Patty

RE: July's Update is up! - old honda rider - 07-24-2011 07:04 AM

(07-15-2011 06:05 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  The one thing that upset me was poor Olivia. I feel so guilty when I read something like that.
That's a testament to the quality of Bubba's writing. I could just picture little Olivia, teddy bear in hand, toddling off with hope to Bubba's office only to be told he wasn't home, and Olivia bursting into tears.

Very evocative stuff. Made me tear up a little too.