Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight (/showthread.php?tid=825)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - VincentUlyssis - 10-13-2011 06:21 PM

I'm surprised that no one has created a thread like this.

I confess, I am a "foodie." I love to eat and there's not much I don't like. That with a little dessert and a piece of chocolate now and then have put about 15 pounds on me.

I know what I need to do. Don't we all? Why is it so difficult to be disciplined sometimes?

I want to live! To eat good food!

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - Mufasa - 10-13-2011 06:25 PM

Oreos and ice-cold milk at 2:00 AM.

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - VincentUlyssis - 10-13-2011 06:35 PM

Yes, I am guilty of that. In fact, the other night I ate about 12 Chips Ahoy at about 2 am. What is it with food at 2am?!

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - Mufasa - 10-13-2011 06:51 PM

Simple pleasure? Not really concerned with weight gain... yet. I evidently still have a teenage metabolism. I figure when I turn 60 everything will just fall apart.

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - Scooter Britches - 10-13-2011 08:08 PM

(10-13-2011 06:25 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Oreos and ice-cold milk at 2:00 AM.

I think I love you...

Good thread guys...it'll be interesting to see what folks bring up. I have one more PT test to go before I'm done, so I'm being careful right now too.

Tips that have worked for me:

-NO soda/pop/Coke, period!
-Whole wheat instead of enriched breads
-this is a biggie: PORTION CONTROL!!! Stopped eating right out of the bag/box and when to just a small amount of whatever.
-watch the sugar intake
-reward yourself with a special meal every now and then, but keep the portions under control (10 oz steak instead of a 16 oz)
-stay away from fried crap (not crap literally...you know what I mean...)

that's enough for now...I'm hungry... Smile

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - ladijules - 10-13-2011 08:17 PM

Vincent, glad I'm not the only one struggling with that!! I seriously need to lose weight. I swear, I gained 40 when I turned 40. And gained 30 when I turned 30 that never came off!

I'm trying to be better about it. Its really tough for me to stay on a diet though. Working overnights not only messes up my diet, it does terrible things to my metabolism too. Getting to the gym... well, I often have to choose between working out and sleeping. Not exactly a good choice. (Need to get a treadmill at home or something!) And I munch a lot.. on things I shouldn't. Like Triscuits!

My other issue is beer. Yes, I flat out admit it. I drink light beer now but even then.. if you drink 3 of them, thats still about 300 calories. Not good. Its a struggle. But if you're looking for a weight loss buddy, I'll take you up on it!

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - RN-PRN - 10-13-2011 08:27 PM

(10-13-2011 08:17 PM)ladijules Wrote:  Vincent, glad I'm not the only one struggling with that!! I seriously need to lose weight. I swear, I gained 40 when I turned 40. And gained 30 when I turned 30 that never came off!

I'm trying to be better about it. Its really tough for me to stay on a diet though. Working overnights not only messes up my diet, it does terrible things to my metabolism too. Getting to the gym... well, I often have to choose between working out and sleeping. Not exactly a good choice. (Need to get a treadmill at home or something!) And I munch a lot.. on things I shouldn't. Like Triscuits!

My other issue is beer. Yes, I flat out admit it. I drink light beer now but even then.. if you drink 3 of them, thats still about 300 calories. Not good. Its a struggle. But if you're looking for a weight loss buddy, I'll take you up on it!

I hear ya on the overnight gig. Twelve hour nights is a killer on the diet. I learned not to eat after midnight and not eat before I sleep when I get home. That usually means I don't eat from midnight until late afternoon the next day.

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - Scythe Matters - 10-13-2011 10:31 PM

I've struggled with my weight since puberty. Until then I was a skinny kid. Gee thanks, Mother Nature Undecided

My weakness is sweets. I love cookies, cake, ice cream, candy... if it's sweet I will eat it. But I do use portion control. If I'm having cookies, I'll take a small portion and put the rest away. I get those bags of small-sized candy bars because one will do it for me for days. Even with ice cream, I'll buy a pint and that will last me for awhile because I will only eat a dozen or so bites at a time. It's like my sweet tooth is demanding but it's easily assuaged.

I haven't been exercising as much as I should because I'm still having issues with pain even 2 years after the car accident. But I do try to get a mile-long walk in a few times a week. Like I said, Bubba lays down the beat and I walk to it (Bravado, The Weapon and Roll The Bones are really good for this). When I travel, I do a lot more walking and, in Hawai'i, swimming. I wish I could travel more.... Cool

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - Rey - 10-14-2011 07:15 AM

My guilty pleasure lately has been Cherry Garcia. It is just simply one of the best ice cream flavors I have ever had, and it is addictive. Help! Angel

I usually never have really late night snacks, because then you have to brush your teeth again before going back to bed. You do brush your teeth again, don't you?

RE: Love Food But Need To Lose Weight - N'awlins - 10-14-2011 10:05 AM

Mrs. N'awlins has gotten on a chocolate chip cookie crusade, usually 2-3 dozen at a time, trying to get that "perfect" cookie down. Of course, I have to do all the taste testing, so last night it was 8-9 huge CCC's with a big glass of 2% milk. Didn't sleep too well though, must cut down on the milk!