Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill
Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs - Printable Version

+- Bubba's Bar 'n' Grill (http://www.neilpeart.net/bng_forum_beta)
+-- Forum: Sources, Tools and Techniques (/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Forum: General Discussion and Other Off-Topic Interests." Caution"!!! This is NOT a band forum (/forumdisplay.php?fid=24)
+--- Thread: Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs (/showthread.php?tid=835)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs - VincentUlyssis - 10-24-2011 07:00 PM

Bubba seems to notice these and derive some amusement.

He mentioned that he saw one that I had seen in East Rockaway in south Nassau County on Long Island about ten or so years ago.

"Seven days without prayer makes one weak."

There must be a book of them that has been published. I'll bet if you googled billboard sign companies for churches, they probably sell you one in the "sign package."

RE: Church Billboards - Scythe Matters - 10-24-2011 07:48 PM

Church Signs Across America

There's a few, actually:

Church Sign books

My Aunt and Uncle used to run (what else would you call it?) a church in Texas and then Arkansas. They didn't have a sign, though, so I never got to suggest things for it. Dang it.

RE: Church Billboards - VincentUlyssis - 10-25-2011 11:57 AM

Well this is the forum for existing signs or suggestions!

RE: Church Billboards - old honda rider - 10-25-2011 12:00 PM

My all-time favourite wasn't a sign, it was the name of the church that somehow got spelled incorrectly,

"All are welcome
Services 9:00 and 1:00
Welcome to Scared Heart"

RE: Church Billboards - 2Beers - 10-25-2011 07:52 PM

Ok so it wasn't a church billboard, but at the local humane society that was announcing that you could get kittens 1/2 off. Hubby then asks which half do you get?

RE: Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs - VincentUlyssis - 10-25-2011 08:04 PM

OHR, I went to Scared Heart in Suffern through 5th grade. Sister Pat threw me out of 2nd grade into the 1st by my ear on Halloween because I wasn't doing my "fun" Halloween dittos. I decided to chill with all the other kids all in our costumes. I was the cheesy 1970's Black Cat. Yeah, that's the one.

Dos Birras: I have changed the title of this thread in your honor! So technically we are "co-threaders." It would be cool if you name could be on it too. Just sayin'.

RE: Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs - Nettie - 10-25-2011 08:57 PM

(10-25-2011 08:04 PM)VincentUlyssis Wrote:  OHR, I went to Scared Heart in Suffern through 5th grade. Sister Pat threw me out of 2nd grade into the 1st by my ear on Halloween because I wasn't doing my "fun" Halloween dittos. I decided to chill with all the other kids all in our costumes. I was the cheesy 1970's Black Cat. Yeah, that's the one.

Dos Birras: I have changed the title of this thread in your honor! So technically we are "co-threaders." It would be cool if you name could be on it too. Just sayin'.

But the Halloween dittos are fun!

and now, back to the sign thread.

RE: Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs - VincentUlyssis - 10-26-2011 05:57 PM

"Honk if you love Jesus, text while driving if you want to meet him."

RE: Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs - smoker guy - 10-27-2011 08:25 AM

The last one I remember recently was, Don't worry...even Moses was a basket case. They must use th church sign book, Scythe linked, or something. I usually don't pay attention to them.

RE: Church Billboards and Other Interesting Signs - BrianW - 10-27-2011 04:05 PM

Scythe, you're right! I've got a book in my hot little hand titled Now Open Sundays! by Rev. Paul Sinclair. For twelve years the Rev. put up funny, entertaining and thought provoking signs outside his church in Willesden in the UK (that right NWO?). Here's a sampling:
Forbidden Fruit Causes Many Jams! or If Your Problem is Long Standing, Try Kneeling.