Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
08-06-2011, 12:40 PM
RE: Your online "Handle"
(08-05-2011 04:04 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Dudley would have been a lot better off if he would have simply given Nell a blade...

I can see it now......Nell puts the back of her hand against her forehead and says dramatically, "Oh! What am I to do?" She looks around for Dudley. He's nowhere in sight. She cuts herself off of the railroad tracks, dusts herself off, and walks away in disgust, mumbling about men......... Rolleyes

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 04:36 PM
Or Snidely grabs her and Nell shanks him. =)

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
08-06-2011, 06:53 PM
Can someone please help me? For a brazillion years now my friends and I have been quoting the following lines from the cartoon. We usually quote them when one of our female partners fail to obey us....hey, it happens. All we say is, "Into the woods!"

Now apparently this comes from a conversation wherein Snidely orders Nell into the woods, not the track (can't imagine why) and Nell's response is, "But what about my mother?" Snidely dastardly responds, "Your mother too!"

There was more to this cartoon than meets the eye.... And if you don't believe me, "Into the woods!"

So...does anyone remember this as having actually occurred? Not that it matters, I'll go with the story anyway. Now I'm off for some Mac 'n' Cheese, but that's a different thread.
08-06-2011, 07:55 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2011 07:59 PM by Gungawoman.)
(08-06-2011 04:36 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Or Snidely grabs her and Nell shanks him. =)

Hahaha! I thought of that, but wasn't going to go there----thought it might be "family hour" Big Grin
(08-06-2011 06:53 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Can someone please help me? For a brazillion years now my friends and I have been quoting the following lines from the cartoon. We usually quote them when one of our female partners fail to obey us....hey, it happens. All we say is, "Into the woods!"

Now apparently this comes from a conversation wherein Snidely orders Nell into the woods, not the track (can't imagine why) and Nell's response is, "But what about my mother?" Snidely dastardly responds, "Your mother too!"

There was more to this cartoon than meets the eye.... And if you don't believe me, "Into the woods!"

So...does anyone remember this as having actually occurred? Not that it matters, I'll go with the story anyway. Now I'm off for some Mac 'n' Cheese, but that's a different thread.

I don't remember that at all-neither does my husband.
Shocking! The woman-folk don't obey?????

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
08-06-2011, 08:01 PM
I don't remember that happening, the Nell in the woods thing, but in the musical "Into the Woods" the characters all say it at some point.

08-07-2011, 06:56 AM
The only one I remember off hand is when Dudley learns that Nell has taken an interest in a lumberjack.

"I am NOT puny... I am NOT puny... I am NOT puny!"
(after Nell opens a jar that Dudley can't open)

10-06-2011, 03:11 PM
My name came about when my daughter was a freshman at UNLV. I was a "Rebel" Mom. I'm also known for rebelling so it seemed to fit on several levels.
10-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Late, but welcome Rebel Mom!

10-11-2011, 10:42 AM
You oughtta fit right in here - Welcome Rebel Mom!

The expert I know of for that toon is in Italy right now, and he wont come back from what I understand. Old navy buddy that had a book for such stuff. Sorry B - wish I could help!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-13-2011, 04:27 PM
If you look at my profile pic, and what I do for a living it should be obvious. For all you bass players out there, I am a coffee roaster (Now THAT was funny).

I am curious if people use the SAME username on each forum or online location they are at. I do, but some require a # as well, hence the 42 in my Skype ID.
Just checkin.

The answer is....is....42
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user