Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
06-02-2012, 07:25 PM
RE: Your online "Handle"
Welcome, Dave! Stop by the bar to get your shots (not the kind you drink.... Big Grin ). Rn will be there to administer them. Hey! I bet it's getting time for some booster shots for the rest of us. Rolleyes

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-02-2012, 08:54 PM
(06-02-2012 07:25 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Hey! I bet it's getting time for some booster shots for the rest of us. Rolleyes

I probably need another tetanus booster after running that paring knife into my finger the other day: my last one was when I ran the knife into my palm separating frozen bison burgers, and that's almost ten years ago....

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
06-02-2012, 09:28 PM
I'm a little overdue on my boosters as well. I will settle for a simple "shot" of a good double malted libation. Cheers!! Smile
06-03-2012, 06:01 AM
Welcome Dave! Lots to read, so come in in and sit a spell Smile

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
06-03-2012, 11:55 AM
Welcome to the zoo Dave...got your shots ready and don't worry they won't hurt a bit!! Btw...kbb...you should get a booster for tetanus if it's been 10 yrs...just sayin.
06-03-2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks RN!! Have not updated my boosters since the Marine Corps days-shots for all occasions and eventualities I think. Great day here in Colorado, enjoy.
06-03-2012, 02:47 PM
(06-03-2012 11:55 AM)RN-PRN Wrote:  Btw...kbb...you should get a booster for tetanus if it's been 10 yrs...just sayin.

Yeah, I know. Both my SIL's husband and my BIL are MDs, and the MIL and SIL are RNs: they'll all rag on me about it too.

If I can squeeze it in on Tuesday before I blow out of here, I will: if not, when I get back.

----
I'm not one to believe in magic, but I sometimes have a second-sight....
06-03-2012, 10:00 PM
Hey there, Dave! Welcome to the B&G, Good to have you here Smile

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
07-13-2012, 09:24 AM
This handle is a bastardization of my email.
My real handle is The Gangster of Boats. I got that when the internet was very young.
A good friend of mine gave it to me as a sort of joke. It stuck, and I wouldn't have it
any other way. I figured that since it is such a Rush-related handle, and this is more
of a cooking, travel place, I would use something less Rushy Smile Of course, if nobody objects,
I'll change to my 'real self', hehehehe.
07-13-2012, 09:44 AM
(07-13-2012 09:24 AM)Doug The Peep Wrote:  This handle is a bastardization of my email.
My real handle is The Gangster of Boats. I got that when the internet was very young.
A good friend of mine gave it to me as a sort of joke. It stuck, and I wouldn't have it
any other way. I figured that since it is such a Rush-related handle, and this is more
of a cooking, travel place, I would use something less Rushy Smile Of course, if nobody objects,
I'll change to my 'real self', hehehehe.

Ha ha, Doug the Peep is better than Doug the Peeping Tom, but I'm sure no one would be offended by a Gangster on a boat either. It is not as less Rushy as you might think around here, you just have to know the secret code words...Angel

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..