Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
07-10-2011, 08:57 AM
RE: What are you listening to?
Gave Doug Aldrich a spin and Whitesnake.........

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-10-2011, 09:47 AM
I heard a good one from `89-`90. Drifting and Falling by The Ocean Blue. Gonna have to get me some of their stuff. They are worth checking into. Their sound is a mix of New Wave and College.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
Find all posts by this user
07-10-2011, 12:36 PM
I've been listening to a band from Oberwart,(Burgenland) Austria all morning... and last night. They are visiting our fair city on a short tour of the USA.
The members of the band are all students or teachers at the music school there.

07-10-2011, 02:02 PM
Bach-played by the London Philharmonic!
In college, I was meeting a guy I was seeing to go see the Philharmonic in concert at a local college. He gave me very bad directions and I was late and flustered. I finally parked my car and asked some guys standing by a door if they knew where the building was. After they told me, I turned to leave.
WAIT JUST A MINUTE!!! They had English accents, wore tuxedos and were at a back door smoking......it HAD to be the percussion section! Being an orchestral percussionist, I hung with them for the evening and had the BEST time. I never dated the guy I was supposed to meet again Big Grin

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
07-10-2011, 09:13 PM
A couple months ago I picked up Steve Vai's live DVD "Where The Wild Things Are".....I usually like to listen to something like Vai because I just dig the techniques he uses and his music allows me to drift away a bit and the notes sorta carry me some and allow me to let go of some of those stresses we all have, and like when you are feeling really pretty low it kinda picks me up. I have been watching this dvd all evening....not really sure its working but just listening to the music is just a pleasure I dont indulge in often enough.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
07-11-2011, 04:31 PM
I watched that "Rio sumpin-sumpin" video again last night; the one with that pesky dragon in it.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
07-11-2011, 06:17 PM
I found a copy of Moving Pictures in the Cd bargain bin. Now I have one for the car and one for the house(that one belongs to the roomie actually).
I'm wearing out the Vital Signs track on the CD in the car.

07-11-2011, 10:30 PM
(07-11-2011 06:17 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I found a copy of Moving Pictures in the Cd bargain bin. Now I have one for the car and one for the house(that one belongs to the roomie actually).

Actually a set of duplicate CDs for the car and house sounds like a good idea. A spendy one, but good! Smile

A party without cake is really just a meeting
07-11-2011, 11:00 PM
(07-11-2011 10:30 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  
(07-11-2011 06:17 PM)nettiesaur Wrote:  I found a copy of Moving Pictures in the Cd bargain bin. Now I have one for the car and one for the house(that one belongs to the roomie actually).

Actually a set of duplicate CDs for the car and house sounds like a good idea. A spendy one, but good! Smile

We have all of our CDs ripped onto our computer...need a copy...here ya go. That way if a copy gets trashed in the car, camping, etc., we just pitch it and make a new one.
07-12-2011, 06:15 AM
RN, we do the same too. We have a copy of each cd and then a bunch of ones with various mixes.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic