Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
07-20-2011, 01:03 PM
RE: What are you listening to?
(07-20-2011 12:15 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  
Quote:Very European, that list of ours.

I might be swayed by being a Brit, but I think the best heavy rock, hard rock, heavy metal etc came from these shores, Ireland, and Germany, through the 70`s, 80`s - excepting Van Halen. It all changed with Bon Jovi, and then the whole thing shifted to the US with Death, Grindcore, thrash.....(whatever that rubbish is).

I would have to agree. Deep Purple, Rainbow, Judas Priest... probably the best Rock of the 70's and 80's came from bands like that. British musicians became very creative at melding American Blues with hardcore Rock. Awesome stuff.

In dedication, one of my favorite DP songs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SVInsdhSr8

I jumped the cliff with a dream to fly
Without knowing the weight of feathers
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-20-2011, 03:46 PM
(07-19-2011 11:12 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  So, here's a 80's pre-flashback...I'm seeing Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger on Thursday...I think I'll break out my neon leg warmers and can of Aqua Net for that one... Smile

I want photos -

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
07-20-2011, 06:47 PM
I'd pay money to see that.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-20-2011, 07:11 PM
You usually have to...

07-20-2011, 09:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2011 09:12 PM by oogustus.)
there ya go gettin' all technical an stuff
funky music til ya die
07-20-2011, 10:08 PM
(07-20-2011 03:46 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  
(07-19-2011 11:12 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  So, here's a 80's pre-flashback...I'm seeing Journey, Foreigner and Night Ranger on Thursday...I think I'll break out my neon leg warmers and can of Aqua Net for that one... Smile

I want photos -

(07-20-2011 06:47 PM)boomer Wrote:  I'd pay money to see that.
What, pix of the leg warmers/Aqua Net or of the concert? Rolleyes
Big Grin

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
07-21-2011, 06:04 AM
All of the above ... on the Buell! WOO-HOOOO!

07-21-2011, 06:11 AM
WHAT HE SAID!

On the Buell? Bonus!

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
07-21-2011, 10:49 PM
I'm listening to a torrential rain storm with thunder, lightening and hail. We got .54 inches in 20 minutes and it's still going. We heard a HUGE BOOM and the smoke alarms in the house fried along with our EXPENSIVE weather station. But the power stayed on.

So, as I was saying, listening to rain while working on a......project Rolleyes I'll take photos when it's done!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
07-22-2011, 01:23 AM (This post was last modified: 07-22-2011 01:41 AM by Scooter Britches.)
I'm listening to the post-concert ear ringing... Smile

Night Ranger - meh, Sister Christian was cool, the rest were so-so.
Foreigner - a bit better, can't get over only 1 original member (I think...1 was old, the rest were really young)
Journey - LOUD, but good! Arnell is a fantastic Steve Perry dup; sometimes I thought he sang better than Steve. Deen Castronovo was great on drums. Hard hitter, exciting to watch, but was just a time keeper...nothing really outstanding melodically. They never let him sing lead either...and he's got a great voice. Sh!tty camera work...video was never on what you wanted to see. Guitars kept cutting out or drowning out Arnell. Too many blinding lights.

An interesting note of contrasts...when Journey played their new songs, folks left to get beer. When Rush played their new songs, folks became even more riveted during the show I was at. Very definitely a different type of fan.

No pix...there were "camera police" everywhere yelling at people to stop recording.

Am I glad I went? Yes. Am I glad I didn't pay too much for a ticket? Yes.

One other cool thing of note...the exit for the stadium is the same one that BMW of Salt Lake is located. As I sat at the light there, I couldn't help but think, "Wow, Bubba was there!" Smile

...like a Ghost Rider...

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member