Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
06-04-2010, 07:00 AM
RE: What are you listening to?
Anymore I get into songs, I love music but if I were to put albums on my Ipod I would quickly run out of room so I have been putting individual songs on. A few of my current faves:

Young Men Dead - The Black Angels
Hearing Damage - Thom Yorke
Die By The Drop - The Dead Weather
Map Of The Problematique - Muse
Believer - Viva Voce
One Of A Kind - Placebo
Bad Moon Rising - Rosa Chance Well (incredible cover)
Pacer - Systems Officer
Possibility - Lykke Li
Roslyn - Bon Iver & St.Vincent

Then anything by Rush, Jane's Addiction, Phish, Primus, Rage Against The Machine, Pink Floyd, Led Zep and many more.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
06-04-2010, 12:40 PM
am listening to a new little ditty called Caravan...

With all of my dietary restrictions, I'm left with lipstick and water
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-04-2010, 06:48 PM
Haven't heard Caravan or BU2B yet. (I cannot for the life of me figure out what that acronym means. I get as far as "bee-yoo" and think it might have something to do with "beauty" but beyond that I'm lost).

*makes mental note to self: Buy an iTunes membership*

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
06-04-2010, 06:59 PM
Brought UpTo Believe.....I think?
06-04-2010, 07:20 PM
(06-04-2010 06:59 PM)Brutus Wrote:  Brought UpTo Believe.....I think?

Yes, bought it last night.

I went to a restaurant that serves 'breakfast at any time'. So I ordered French Toast during the Renaissance. ~Steven Wright
06-04-2010, 07:20 PM (This post was last modified: 06-04-2010 07:25 PM by RN-PRN.)
(06-04-2010 06:48 PM)old honda rider Wrote:  Haven't heard Caravan or BU2B yet. (I cannot for the life of me figure out what that acronym means. I get as far as "bee-yoo" and think it might have something to do with "beauty" but beyond that I'm lost).

*makes mental note to self: Buy an iTunes membership*

You can also buy them on Amazon. Smile

I am listening to other than the obvious...Smile
Porcupine Tree, Joe Bonamassa....
06-06-2010, 04:36 AM (This post was last modified: 06-06-2010 05:29 AM by ePhilosopher9.)
WHATARE YOU READING?

http://health.newsvine.com/_news/2010/06...l-pot-boom

THEREFORE YOU ART
i'm looking at Who. who's looking at me. i'm looking at moon's chrome drumset. i'm looking at lava lamps, babay! WHO DAT
what i'd rather be listening to is covers of buffalo springfield, but people tend to hate me.
(06-06-2010 04:36 AM)ePhilosopher9 Wrote:  WHATARE YOU READING?

http://health.newsvine.com/_news/2010/06...l-pot-boom

THEREFORE YOU ART
i'm looking at Who. who's looking at me. i'm looking at moon's chrome drumset. i'm looking at lava lamps, babay! WHO DAT
what i'd rather be listening to is covers of buffalo springfield, but people tend to hate me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVH-5v-Bh...1&index=11
well, hello
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wm6NeM-6vBE&feature=fvw

what an open ended question! i love the freedom granted here, jung people speaking their minds.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
06-10-2010, 01:49 PM
I just came back from the gym and stopped into the grocery store on the way. (This relates to this thread, honest.)

Over the muzak system, I was assaulted by some tripe entitled "That's What Friends Are For" by Dionne Warwick and associated personnel. And it made me feel like putting a pistol in my mouth.

I feel an urgent need to cleanse my soul.

I think Spirit of Radio at high volume just might do the trick.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
06-14-2010, 09:56 AM
Sia - My Love
Florence + The Machines - Heavy In Your Arms
Eastern Conference Champions - A Million Miles An Hour

All 3 off the new Twilight Saga Eclipse soundtrack, love a lot of the Indie tunes they have on the soundtracks.
06-15-2010, 12:51 PM
Rush and Porcupine Tree are THE regulars on the rotation. Just got PTree's Anesthetize DVD (with cd tracks included in the SE) and it really is a fantastic live recording!

Just saw Toad the Wet Sprocket in Philly a couple of weeks ago and they always are in the regular mix. Live is another band that i listen to alot. Songs From Black Mountan was their last studio effort and it really is terrific. Steven Wilson's "Insurgentes" is really a great cd. If you have not given the track "No Twilight in the Courts of the Sun" a listen, do it. You will not be disappointed. There's always more, but those come to mind.