Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
08-04-2011, 08:33 AM (This post was last modified: 08-04-2011 02:35 PM by NWoBHM.)
RE: What are you listening to?
Thin Lizzy Fighting 1975. Compare this with Fly By Night also 1975. Very similar feel sound, and Brian Downey is equal to Bubba (imho), in those days. Maybe if Thin Lizzy hadn`t had the personnel and personal problems they had, they would have been a huge band today.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2011, 07:52 PM (This post was last modified: 08-07-2011 03:43 PM by SpaceCadet.)
Awhile back some people mentioned being Enya fans after a discussion of artistry in music vids (I'd mentioned the Labbits' "Monologue" vid in that context.)

I've been listening to a lot of Rurutia lately - a Japanese singer with a vague similarity to Enya - especially since I got my greedy mits on her "Seirios" (a.k.a. "Sirius") disc and stuck a coupla tunes from it on my 'Net station. "Water Forest" is still her masterpiece album IMO, but this one is good too, and it appeals to my affinity for all things extra-terrestrial. Cool

She has a bit of a "weepy" quality to her singing, but I like it anyway. So if you too are in a mellow, lazy Saturday kind of mood, check her out:

"Primary" - her most Enya-ish tune that I've heard, though I don't yet have her "Meme" disc and it's showing up as "out of print," so now I have a treasure hunt on my hands...

"Seirios" - it's a little Steam-Age in getting started, but I love her sense of melody once the groove gets grooving...

"Michiru Mori" from "Water Forest," and the guy who posted was nice enough to put up the lyrics for it in both Japanese and English...

"Shine" - maximally mellow, and some great visuals of Fuji-san, a samurai flautist and Rurutia herself, which is rare - she almost never shows her face in vids.

Cheers!
08-06-2011, 08:40 PM
(08-04-2011 03:30 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  So I was watching Letterman last night and heard this band (new? to me they were, anyway) called Explosions In The Sky. They did an instrumental and it was quite Proggy. I found them on FaceBook and "liked" them. Thinking of getting their album. You can get some info and listen to a bit here:

https://www.facebook.com/ExplosionsInThe...ic?sk=info

I saw them a couple years ago on the show Austin City Limits. Captivating!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
Find all posts by this user
08-07-2011, 12:28 PM
Hmm, I think this thread is broken - the main list is indicating a "last post by" that is not showing up at the end of the list, and a post I made here yesterday never appeared. Other threads are working, but this one's buggy...
08-07-2011, 01:00 PM
test

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
08-07-2011, 01:02 PM
Uno..............Dos..................Tres.............QUATRO!

Seems fine up here in Iowa.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
08-07-2011, 02:07 PM
Seems fine here too.

08-07-2011, 03:10 PM
There's a different thread that's doing that to me, but this one is fine here in the Land O' Mormons...

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
08-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Whoa, there it is. I'd double-posted, now fixed. It must be something in my system. Even as I type this, there's a character-to-character delay that makes typing next to impossible. Veddy, veddy odd, Keptin.
08-07-2011, 05:51 PM
(08-07-2011 03:46 PM)SpaceCadet Wrote:  Whoa, there it is. I'd double-posted, now fixed. It must be something in my system. Even as I type this, there's a character-to-character delay that makes typing next to impossible. Veddy, veddy odd, Keptin.
Run a virus scan! If you haven't already.

by the way, I've been listening to Natural Science a lot lately.