Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
10-11-2011, 08:04 AM (This post was last modified: 10-11-2011 08:09 AM by Thoughtful Eyes.)
RE: What are you listening to?
(10-06-2011 07:39 PM)Rey Wrote:  Been listening to "Nothing Like the Sun" by Sting today. Its an older one but still just sounds so good. Really like the drumming by Manu Katche on that one too, just sounds great playing with Sting.

Love that as well!! Now i need to go look for my CD! Thanks for the idea! Cheers!
Roxy music (just about anything i can find on utube) after hearing some of their early stuff. That and The David Barrette Trio... smokin hot 3 piece from up north... Smile
(10-06-2011 05:34 PM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  Yeah, I'm not a fan of selling alcohol at concerts, either. Though sometimes the imbibers can be almost as fun to watch as the band. Still, the bad outweighs the good, usually. I can't for the life of me figure out why someone would pay as much as tickets cost nowadays and then get completely blitzed before the show even starts, hence remembering nothing about the show the next day. WTH? Huh

TOTALLY agree on the people watchin AND the idea of getting so blitzed that the memory is gone... *smh* craziness right there i tell ya!

Peace & Cheers ~
Thoughtful Eyes
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-11-2011, 07:36 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46g8zDcziL0

Talented group

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
10-11-2011, 08:42 PM
Got some of my hair band stuff on tonight. Feeling a little sentimental.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-12-2011, 01:27 PM
I've been on a Roxy Music kick... someone turned me onto their REALLY early stuff and it's kept me in the mood! Smile

Peace & Cheers ~
Thoughtful Eyes
10-12-2011, 08:14 PM
"Avalon" - Brian Ferry has that sorta-stoned voice that makes you want to put on a tux and drink and pursue wild vixen and ...
well... maybe he doesn't have that effect on everyone.

10-12-2011, 10:59 PM
Avalon is one of my all time fave albums....still have the vinyl safely tucked away, I crack open that platter when I'm feeling nostalgic.

Bryan Ferry [HAWT!] just performed in Cleveland (my hometown) a couple days ago, a friend of mine got a signed program......noice!

Blah blah blah....yada yada yada!
10-14-2011, 05:29 PM
(10-10-2011 12:21 PM)Adrian Wrote:  Been listening to Steven Wilson's "Grace for Drowning" the past week. Wow. The guy is just unbelievable. And if you have access to a good surround system, get the blue ray version. It is definitely a sitdown and listen album, and though it does have the great hooks that SW is able to pull out of the most unlikepy places, it is different in many ways from anything i've listened to from him before. really superb.

ps...going to see him in NYC and Philly in November. if anything noteworthy comes up i'll try to remember to post.

Isn't G4D marvelous? SW is mighty talented. I have tix for his Chicago concert (since he isn't doing west coast) but might not be able to make it, afterall. Have a great time at the two shows, Adrian.

"Hope is what remains to be seen."- Bubba
10-14-2011, 05:33 PM
(10-12-2011 08:14 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  "Avalon" - Brian Ferry has that sorta-stoned voice that makes you want to put on a tux and drink and pursue wild vixen and ...
well... maybe he doesn't have that effect on everyone.

Yeppers!
Ferry is very talented, has such a great voice, and is the ad boy for Cool.

Slip that Tux on, start the Lambo, and head out to the Party!

"I don't cook; I prepare things." My late brother Bill
10-14-2011, 06:12 PM
Receding hairlines: Check
Voice struggling to hit the power chords: Check
Glaucoma: Check
High blood pressure: Check
25 pound Gibson SG Standard: Check
Ability to pack a 25 thousand capacity stadium: Check

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jzr6vQ9R_...re=related

10-14-2011, 08:56 PM
Listening to a big mix on the computer...Radiohead's Creep and Just at the moment.

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.