Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
10-16-2011, 10:19 PM
RE: What are you listening to?
(10-16-2011 07:26 AM)Markus Awreallyus Wrote:  I listened to Hold Your Fire again and found it to be one of my fav RUSH albums (again), something about the recording, the keys, drums, lyrics. It all seems so precise to me.

Absolutely! Before last summer, I hadn't even heard it - now it's one of my favorites. When I first heard High Water I got all teary-eyed because I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Same with Tai Shan. Bubba has a way of doing that, I've noticed: of hitting those emotional buttons. But the whole album is touching, dealing with emotions like it does. The music is ethereal. The vocals soar. perfection.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
10-17-2011, 03:50 PM
(10-16-2011 07:33 PM)CanyonDancer Wrote:  
(10-16-2011 06:54 PM)smoker guy Wrote:  I was in the NW corner of MO. I was in the glacial plains part of the Big M O. Being from Des Moines, IA...it was the best I could do for a day ride. I know for a fact that I would have scared anyone that went with me. I've never looked at Table Rock Lake, I'll have to look that area up. Sounds quite interesting.Smile

Pfft...wouldn'ta skirrd me! Big Grin I prolly would've been "woo hooing" right along with ya!

Yeah - but yer not a girly-girl!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
10-17-2011, 04:51 PM (This post was last modified: 10-17-2011 04:51 PM by N'awlins.)
Got a disc from that Southern trio, the bearded ones, in the player for the ride home. Nothing like a little "La Grange" to get your foot in the gas tank!

"Rollin' numbers, rock-n-rollin', got my Kiss records out!"
10-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Roger that. I was coming home from Atlanta late one evening, after making two trips there that day for a friend that was moving to Savannah.
La Grange was blasting somewhere during the last hour on I-16, and I was done. Done....
I stopped the car after seeing that there was literally nothing behind me for a mile or so - and emptied a full clip from a S&W model 4506 into a ditch.
Home was about an hour away... and I was BYGAWD awake now!

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
10-17-2011, 08:43 PM
What was better? La Grange or the empty clip?

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
10-18-2011, 12:43 AM
(10-16-2011 12:14 AM)Scythe Matters Wrote:  That's the one, Space Cadet! Gorgeous, isn't it? Blush

Indeedy - it reminds me a little of "Scarborough Fair." If you like Japanese flute, give a listen to Rurutia's "Shine." She tends to be a little "weepy" but I think of her as kind of a Japanese version of Enya. A very strange but wonderful personality.

'Don't know for sure why I've gravitated so much toward female vocalists lately - a serious affinity for all-things-female obviously is a big part of it, and the balancing factor against the dawn-to-dusk pedal-to-the-metal stress is essential these days. I'm pretty sure all my high school metalhead buddies would disown me for listening to such non-macho stuff, but I'm also pretty sure they likely have paused too to listen to some of the subtler things they missed back in the day... Rolleyes

"Waiter...can you stop that noise? What you call 'music.' It sounds like dirty water. How can they eat food - and listen to ****?"
- Sabina (Lena Olin) in The Unbearable Lightness of Being
10-18-2011, 04:47 AM
Thanks Space Cadet. I've saved that to my favorites now Big Grin

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
10-18-2011, 07:32 AM
Absolutely! Before last summer, I hadn't even heard it - now it's one of my favorites. When I first heard High Water I got all teary-eyed because I thought I was the only one who felt that way. Same with Tai Shan. Bubba has a way of doing that, I've noticed: of hitting those emotional buttons. But the whole album is touching, dealing with emotions like it does. The music is ethereal. The vocals soar. perfection.
[/quote]

I don't know where but I remember Ged talking about the peak of their writing back then and mentioned that HYF was it. I first heard it many-moon-ago as I was traveling through Milwaukee, Prime Mover came on the radio, I was hooked.

"Listen...Jump on a moonbeam and rise, ride it, glide it all the way"
10-26-2011, 02:01 PM
Thanks to all the talk about HYF, I just recieved my copy in the mail and am now listening to it. It is like an electric jolt to my memory of growing up in NC. Thanks for turning back to this album.Cool

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
10-27-2011, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 10-27-2011 04:09 PM by BrianW.)
Genesis - Three Sides Live - very loud.
The fourth side featuring older material is priceless.

Shifting & Drifting