Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
11-14-2011, 10:44 PM
RE: What are you listening to?
Awesomeness there GW....I know our guys will really appreciate the love you sent.

Primary Principle - "It must NEVER be my fault"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
11-15-2011, 09:28 PM
Wonderful, Gunga! I participate in Netroots For The Troops; every year at Netroots Nation, volunteers box the stuff up and get them ready to ship. I've also sent books and DVDs when I could. Heart

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
Find all posts by this user
11-19-2011, 09:31 AM
Today I listened to The Guy's Vapor Trails while running, tonight for date night with the wife it shall be Type O Negative's October Rust.Wink

I'm taking a ride with my best friend...I hope he never lets me down again.
11-19-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm listening to......the quiet house..............and smelling the brewing coffee...............

A party without cake is really just a meeting
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
11-19-2011, 11:46 AM
OMG...I love Type O Negative! Peter Steele's voice was amazing and the whole Gothy-Vampyrey-Druidy thing...too cool. Oct Rust is a great album! And Slow, Deep and Hard...well, the title and album cover art alone got me for that one! Tongue

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
11-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Posted by Bageleth - Yesterday 11:37 AM
I'm listening to......the quiet house..............and smelling the brewing coffee...............

Same here for me today although I want to give in and listen to Christmas music while I make candy. Our rule being that nothing Christmas(music or decorations) until after Turkey Day.

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
11-20-2011, 05:41 PM
Nonononononono...! Your rule is absolutely correct, 2B. We have the same one here.

But the past couple of years we haven't done any decorating. My heart just hasn't been in it - neither, I suspect, has Ren Man's. With Katie home this year, though, we might do a little.

... in a world where I feel so small I can't stop thinking big!
11-20-2011, 09:45 PM
Hubby went back to the valley today with the crazy Texan neighbor, so I'm flying solo for a couple of days. I'm watching/listening to "Backstage Secrets". It's a 2 DVD set about everything concerned with putting on a Rush concert-specifically Snakes and Arrows.
Unbelievable! 250 minutes worth of amazement. One of the best segments is on the instrument techs. Lorne said he ideally needs 2 1/2 hours to set up Neil's drums! It really makes you appreciate attending a concert EVEN MORE. Highly recommended!

If I'd known you were French, I'd have worn galoshes...
11-20-2011, 09:49 PM
(11-20-2011 09:45 PM)Gungawoman Wrote:  Hubby went back to the valley today with the crazy Texan neighbor, so I'm flying solo for a couple of days. I'm watching/listening to "Backstage Secrets". It's a 2 DVD set about everything concerned with putting on a Rush concert-specifically Snakes and Arrows.
Unbelievable! 250 minutes worth of amazement. One of the best segments is on the instrument techs. Lorne said he ideally needs 2 1/2 hours to set up Neil's drums! It really makes you appreciate attending a concert EVEN MORE. Highly recommended!

I have that one too. I'm a bit of a stagehand myself and honestly, I got bored for some of it. Gump's bit was way cool and the two guitar tech's were cool as well, but some of it got a tad dull for me.
Then again, I only watched it once. Maybe I should watch it again. Confused

Love and respect...
Turn up the music and smile!
ASSTA Member
11-21-2011, 01:28 AM
Last year we had a concert at the museum i used to work at. Actually 5 museums in all. The concert was given in a barn on the farm-museum. 5 very talented musicians from different countrys. Among them was this guy from Norway. Love his unique playing style and later i found out he is a Rush-fan. Smile I took the video and edited it, a little shaky in between I know, but i was standing on a ladder leaning over an old manure-spreader. Tongue Hope you enjoy it, he is playing an old trad. folk song original made for fiddle.

http://youtu.be/MTUB4TsHDnU