Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Murder on the Capsaicin Express
03-31-2011, 12:17 PM
RE: Murder on the Capsaicin Express
If hot sauce is what you seek, you must make a "pilgrimage", yes, a pilgrimage to Jungle Jims Farmers Market, located in Fairfield, Ohio, just North of Cincinnati. This place is a Foodies paradise. THE most unique grocery store in the U.S. No joke. There you will find the worlds largest selection of over 1,500 varieties of various hot sauces, among other things you will never find in any other market.

http://www.junglejims.com/

Those who forget the pasta are condemned to reheat it.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Well, its time for April Showers yet again. Look at the name of this section where this thread is posted.

I say its time for another Brutus Rant!

Wink

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
04-01-2011, 03:21 PM
I was thinking the same thing.... Initially it was planned to rant more frequently but stuff's been happening. Lately it's been even more hectic with planning for Europe and launching the forum waves loose on the shores of our little planet. I want to thank all the Admins for making it go so smoothly and much more quickly than I anticipated. Kudos to youse good folks. I'll be flying east to Toronto in a few days and from there I'll head to Montreal to catch a couple of John Wesley's shows. Then it's a week with my mom in Northern Onterrible and THEN Europe. I'll go over a week before the Helsinki show to hang and from there I'll do the occasional rant. And there will be updates as the month of May unfolds...if you're interested of course. Now if this darn snow would just go away but it looks like another 10 inches for Cowfart over the weekend, so more like April Fools than April Showers.

Sacred cows make the best hamburgers.

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughtnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, 'Don't even act like I didn't get that doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".'
04-04-2011, 11:33 AM
I recently tried a Dorset Naga chili, (from these fine shores, and Dorset), these weigh in at 923,000 Scoville Heat Units, the Habenero, (not to be sniffed at, at all) weighs in at about 300,000.

The Dorset Naga was marketed as the Worlds hottest chili, but I note from Cumbria there is a monster up there called the Naga Viper, - it is a heavy weight champion at 1.359 million scoville`s

That has got to hurt?

Mind you - any readers here had Vindaloo, or the hotter Tindaloo/Bindaloo, or the mightiest of the hot curries, the Vindaloo Phal?

I ordered a vindaloo phal, and knew I was in trouble when the cooks came front of house to see who this maniac was - it was a take away, and when I got it home - they had stamped a heat warning and disclaimer on the lid.........

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-29-2011, 07:16 AM
Hello sports fans! Back in '94,I was in the Army band here in Frankfurt Germany and we were on our way to Berlin to play for the American bowl. This was a pre-season match-up between the Giants and the Chargers. On the train,one Bruce Carpenter offered me a wing. His face was as red as a 3 ball and I didn't make the connection.Me lovin' dem wangs, I proceeded to suck the meat off of the dearly departed limb. Suddenly I felt like Wiley Coyote falling off that cliff! I had goosebumps,my tongue and lips started to fry and my hairline peeled back about 2 inches! It was like Chernobyl.I drank everything in sight for about 45 minutes and when I finally caught my breath,he introduced me to Dave's Insanity sauce. This was indeed Murder on the Capsaicin Express! (a little dab'll do ya!)
04-29-2011, 01:42 PM
I've tried vindaloo Phall, well visiting the UK, one has to eat the national dish, which is officially curry ( good manners etc).
Seemed like a good idea after a lot of beers, storing loo paper in the freezer seemed like a better idea next day.
04-29-2011, 01:48 PM
Yes there is a lot of afterburner with a vindaloo......and sitting on a rubber ring for the morning.

Top marks though Tom for trying the Vindaloo Phal - Did some Brit suggest it would be a good idea?

04-29-2011, 01:54 PM
(04-29-2011 01:48 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Yes there is a lot of afterburner with a vindaloo......and sitting on a rubber ring for the morning.

Top marks though Tom for trying the Vindaloo Phal - Did some Brit suggest it would be a good idea?

Oh yes, some friends from Mancy Town convinced me it wasn't too hot .LOL They were a little shocked when i finished it, it was very hard going, but i got there. Suffered bad next day though, even thought i was developing a stomach ulcer .
04-29-2011, 04:44 PM
Yeah that sounds like a Brit....not heard of Mancy Town though....where is that at??????

04-30-2011, 01:42 AM
(04-29-2011 04:44 PM)NWoBHM Wrote:  Yeah that sounds like a Brit....not heard of Mancy Town though....where is that at??????

Manchester, that's what some Scottish friends call the place, in a slight slagging way LOL.