Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Aunt Lucy's Dinner House, Kingston Ontario
09-08-2011, 12:59 PM
Aunt Lucy's Dinner House, Kingston Ontario
I've been travelling a bit over the past while, visits that were necessary given some tragic events that had unfolded over the past couple of weeks. The visits were difficult, the words of comfort sounding hollow given the events. It was hard for everyone.

So I was very pleased to arrive home yesterday. I was quite looking forward to some home-made fare to soothe my sharp edges.

Well, I was called to Kingston on short notice yesterday afternoon. I had but no choice to get back in the #@$%&! car and drive another four #@$%&! hours.

I was stressed and rattled and, well, a bit pissed-off.

Thankfully, I found Aunt Lucy's Dinner House in Kingston.

The sign outside promised home-made blueberry pie. That's like honey to a bee for me, so I pulled in and immediately knew that this was a place for good old Canadian comfort food.

I walked in and my gritty frustration of the day evaporated in the gentle scent of fresh baking. It was a blessed respite.

I had the steak pie w/mashed potatoes & gravy & steamed veggies (carrots, broccoli) and a chocolate milkshake. And, naturally, a piece of blueberry pie for dessert.

It was heavenly. Total bliss. Lucy's will never make the Michelin Guide, and that's perfectly OK by me.

For those who are familiar with Kingston, Aunt Lucy's is at the corner of Portsmouth and Princess. Easy to find, easy parking.

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbour. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply