Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scariest thing you've actually eaten?
09-30-2012, 05:19 PM (This post was last modified: 09-30-2012 05:34 PM by SpaceCadet.)
RE: Scariest thing you've actually eaten?
I'm a big fan of Andrew "Bizarre Foods" Zimmern, so when he mentioned a restaurant at the Santa Monica airport that serves up worms and scorpions, I had to check it out. 'Didn't do the worms, but the scorpions were actually very tasty - just very small and very expensive, I think something like $12 for two of them from the appetizer menu, fried and placed on little squares of bread. And crunchy. The place is called "Typhoon" and has an excellent view of the runway... Just don't confuse it with "Monsoon," which is another excellent seafood joint, down on the 3rd St. Promenade.

When I first went to Thailand with my significant other, she took me to a beach where they had lots of creepy-crawlies waiting for the stir-fry kettle. The grasshoppers were great after you ditched the back legs (they tend to get stuck in the throat.) If you're curious you can read my travel journal entry for that day.

[Image: 1.1226838000.zimmernxs_loss.jpg]

[Image: 1.1226838000.revenge_at_last.jpg]

Yum!

"Waiter...can you stop that noise? What you call 'music.' It sounds like dirty water. How can they eat food - and listen to ****?"
- Sabina (Lena Olin) in The Unbearable Lightness of Being
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Scariest thing you've actually eaten? - SpaceCadet - 09-30-2012 05:19 PM