Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coping with a picky eater
05-24-2012, 07:26 AM
RE: Coping with a picky eater
WOW!!!! I thought that I had it tough around my house. My daughter was spoiled rotten by my wife, she is a picky eater, it drives me up the wall as I cook all sorts of ingredients and styles from all around the world. The idea of having to cook 2 or 3 different dishes for one of the meals is not a problem, if you taste all. But having to do it in this style like a restaurant... this for you, and this for you and this for me, creates problems with my blood pressure. If it was my cooking, OK, but because it has a certain ingredient(s), no go... This is a major problem with the individual's ''brain set'' and how do you work this out? I am not a psychologist (even less a psychiatrist), I would love to know what can be done and how.... I think that you need to start them young, my son who will eat or try anything, that is the way he was brought up... Sometimes he even scares me by the things he eats, ha, ha, ha... I could tell stories about him!!! I have been working on my daughter, but her mind is set... I have tried the ''This is it approach, but, to no avail... She will eat the veggies, salad and will walk away from the protein. Not a good idea for a 17 year old. And for the ''older'' folks, I would only imagine that the difficulties into reversing the mind set are even more of a struggle. But again, we have friends that never refuse to come over for a meal and she often mentions, "I never had that before". Her husband is always amazed at her attitude as she opens up like never before. I will have to ask her why she all of a sudden in her life, she did change her mind set and I will keep you posted.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Coping with a picky eater - Janie - 05-07-2010, 09:27 AM
RE: Coping with a picky eater - Bageleth - 05-07-2010, 10:31 AM
RE: Coping with a picky eater - Buckwheat - 05-24-2010, 06:04 PM
RE: Coping with a picky eater - Entre Nous - 05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
RE: Coping with a picky eater - LiveToCook - 05-24-2012 07:26 AM
RE: Coping with a picky eater - Jenn - 05-26-2012, 01:52 PM
RE: Coping with a picky eater - NWoBHM - 05-24-2012, 04:35 PM
RE: Coping with a picky eater - LiveToCook - 05-26-2012, 08:19 PM
RE: Coping with a picky eater - ladijules - 05-27-2012, 08:14 PM