Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Food Memories
10-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Food Memories
Oh, this will be the best thread ever for me. I love hearing these types of things. Here are a few from me:

S'mores: Memories of the almost weekly bonfires my Mom would hold at our home. Anyone was invited, the crowd swelled to 40-50 people most weeks. No matter how tight money was, there was always enough chili and hot dogs for everyone. And at the end of the night, S'mores.

Roast beef and mashed potatoes: When it was too hot or cold for a bonfire, my Mom would at least get our own family together each week with this staple. My family had our ins and outs as we grew up together - in large family that is an issue. But we were always gathered together because of Mom's food and that usually worked things out for us. Since my Mom passed away in December, my family has grown very apart. Almost like being around each other is too painful because it reminds us of her gatherings.

Divinity: Every Christmas until I was in my late 20's, my Dad and I would set aside a day to make divinity and fudge. It's really hard to make and two hands is a definite help. Inevitably, my brothers would pop a piece of divinity and swallow some Coke then run around foaming at the mouth. To this day, I still refer to divinity as "Ghost Poop."
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Food Memories - Laffitupfzbl - 10-25-2010 07:21 AM
RE: Food Memories - Boomer - 10-25-2010, 11:16 AM
RE: Food Memories - 2Beers - 10-26-2010, 12:20 PM
RE: Food Memories - Mufasa - 10-26-2010, 04:02 PM
RE: Food Memories - Boomer - 10-26-2010, 04:05 PM
RE: Food Memories - Mufasa - 10-26-2010, 06:36 PM
RE: Food Memories - Rey - 10-28-2010, 07:13 AM