Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What are you listening to?
02-07-2011, 04:25 AM (This post was last modified: 02-07-2011 04:31 AM by NWoBHM.)
RE: What are you listening to?
Quote:He opened for (of all people) Krokus and Def Leppard.

I think he opened for Bubba and Co too - the We Want Moore album has a credit to the boys in it...........also (I think) Bubba and Co opened for Lizzy many many years ago.

It is just hugely sad to watch all the Greats slowly fade away, Ronnie James Dio last year, Gary this year, and those who are still with us, (bar the few exceptions -Bubba and Co included in this - and those we have noted on "old dudes who still rock") are not cutting the mustard any more.

And (for me) there is no new band/guitarist/singers/drummers to take their places.

Rob Plant said the other day, in response to the question, "Will Led Zep tour again", "No" the reply....."Put it this way, I am 62 and will need help crossing the road shortly - let alone tour"

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
02-07-2011, 01:31 PM
Sorry for your pain bro. I know I'd be sitting in a low place wearing sackcloth and ashes if I lost one of my heros.

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
02-07-2011, 02:40 PM
(02-07-2011 01:31 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Sorry for your pain bro. I know I'd be sitting in a low place wearing sackcloth and ashes if I lost one of my heros.

Cheers mate. Great shame.

02-11-2011, 07:10 PM
A little April Wine.
02-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Listening to the Ed and Judy Howard Band, one of my guys' bands. Ed is having health problems, so thinking of him tonight. Health insurance is a major issue for a lot of working musicians. I think Ed's old enough to have some retirement type benefits, which is good. Several years ago, he would have been in real trouble. Stinky.

Here they are a local steel guitar convention. Ed is the singer, his lovely wife Judy on keyboard. Jerry Erickson is the steel guitar guru, also known as Muttonchops. Troy LaHood on drums. My guy, Jimmer, on sax and his best friend, Tom Stoner, on trumpet. They are known as the Pawn Shop horns and play with multiple bands together. Another awesome guy at the convention was Terry Crisp, if you care to youtube him. Great tunes by him. This is Mexicali Blues, a Dead song, I think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6GRZaSc...re=related
02-12-2011, 08:55 AM
The sound track to the movie "SUCK"

"... always throw spilt salt over your left shoulder, keep rosemary by your garden gate, plant lavender for luck, and fall in love whenever you can..." Practical Magic
02-12-2011, 12:05 PM
(02-12-2011 08:55 AM)2Beers Wrote:  The sound track to the movie "SUCK"

I have that movie somewhere. I should take a break from homework later and watch it.
02-13-2011, 01:55 PM
(02-11-2011 07:56 PM)Laffitupfzbl Wrote:  Listening to the Ed and Judy Howard Band, one of my guys' bands. Ed is having health problems, so thinking of him tonight. Health insurance is a major issue for a lot of working musicians. I think Ed's old enough to have some retirement type benefits, which is good. Several years ago, he would have been in real trouble. Stinky.

Here they are a local steel guitar convention. Ed is the singer, his lovely wife Judy on keyboard. Jerry Erickson is the steel guitar guru, also known as Muttonchops. Troy LaHood on drums. My guy, Jimmer, on sax and his best friend, Tom Stoner, on trumpet. They are known as the Pawn Shop horns and play with multiple bands together. Another awesome guy at the convention was Terry Crisp, if you care to youtube him. Great tunes by him. This is Mexicali Blues, a Dead song, I think?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6GRZaSc...re=related

I enjoyed the video, thanks for posting.

-Rey

Well-weathered leather, hot metal and oil, the scented country air..
02-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Been watching Gary Moore, and Brian Downey, "One night in Dublin". Most excellent!!

Also, been giving Phill Collins a spin - I like him as a drummer, singer and song writer, and every now and then (when I dont feel the need for power chords to collapse my lungs), the bloke does good.

02-19-2011, 09:54 PM
Never seen anyone have as much fun on stage as Phil and The Hot Tub Club.
Saw him in Atlanta at Lakewood Amphitheater. I have never seen anyone do what they did - EVERYONE in that show had a ball, and they loved performing with Phil.
He is one of the most personable performers I have ever seen, and the show was one of the most memorable.

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.