• 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
03-24-2011, 11:36 PM
RE: Your online "Handle"
Rite on!

Don't talk smack about Total!!
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
03-25-2011, 03:26 AM (This post was last modified: 03-25-2011 03:36 AM by Foundontheground.)
(05-12-2010 03:25 PM)Bageleth Wrote:  I thought that this might be an interesting thread since a lot of us have already introduced ourselves. Brutus, if you feel that this belongs in that other thread, I won't be offended.

By the way, I forgot to mention when I did introduce myself, that I am from Oregon, in the Willamette Valley.

Anyway, just curious as to how everyone came up with their online names. I'll go first. Mine is sort of from my husband. When we were seriously dating (about 2 weeks after we started casually dating I guess), we started thinking of those "cutesy" names for each other. I came up with "Stud Muffin" for him (I know, it sounds really goofy now), and he decided that he needed to think of a bakery inspired name and came up with "Bagel Babe" and it's had variations. So "Bageleth" is more of a "King James" or "Shakespearean" version of Bagel. So, that's my story.

Thanks for the background info. I am still in the learning curve on this site. I have used foundontheground as my name (which doesn't refer to me being layed out on the sidewalk) but a long time ago I would find items to sell on the side of the road or on sidewalks. That kind of thing. Yes I would then sell them for personal gain. As a FedEx route driver I find all kinds of stuff. Anyway that is the background for my handle. I am from upstate New York. Have a great day
(03-24-2011 11:36 PM)Neilbubbachuck Wrote:  Rite on!

Just so we are clear I use my handle as a reference to things I find on the street and sell. Doesn't refer to me horizontal on the sidewalk. Lol. Thanks for stayin in touch.
03-26-2011, 11:51 AM
My online handle is a twist on a lyric from the Rush song Animate: "goddess in my garden". It's also the title of my Rush website. I'm proud to be a lady fan!
03-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Hi there GoddessInTheirGarden....glad to have you aboard for the ride Smile
03-28-2011, 01:59 PM
Well mine comes from the name of a vala of doom in the Silmarillion (its actually spelled Nãmo, but that thingy over the 'a' causes all sorts of problems...)
I chose it because if you jumble the letters around it spells my name (Mona) yay!(Cant use my real name as it means all sort of obnoxious things in other languages :/ ) Changed it into NamoNamo because its sort of like "nam nam" which is the norwegian version of "nom nom"
(ive also used it for one of my world of warcraft characters...)

so yeah

~Old enough to know what's right, but young enough not to choose it~
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2011, 04:45 PM
(03-28-2011 01:59 PM)NamoNamo Wrote:  Well mine comes from the name of a vala of doom in the Silmarillion (its actually spelled Nãmo, but that thingy over the 'a' causes all sorts of problems...)
I chose it because if you jumble the letters around it spells my name (Mona) yay!(Cant use my real name as it means all sort of obnoxious things in other languages :/ ) Changed it into NamoNamo because its sort of like "nam nam" which is the norwegian version of "nom nom"
(ive also used it for one of my world of warcraft characters...)

so yeah

Livi, our youngest daughter has the middle name Freya, a Norse God....

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-28-2011, 08:21 PM
Spacemanspiff is one of Calvin's alter egos from 'Calvin & Hobbes'. I've used it as a handle on many boards and forums since around '94. I was a big fan of Watterson's work and my handle is an homage to Calvin and my amateur fascination with all things extraterrestrial!
03-29-2011, 02:11 PM
Wow! I feel really lame now. LOL Mine is from Neil's use of the word for drummer and 2112...well because that's been "my number" since it's conception from the "boys up north". I know, not very original...but neither am I apparently. Undecided
03-29-2011, 02:16 PM
I like it. My handle can be interpreted two diferent ways. Lol
03-29-2011, 05:09 PM
(03-28-2011 08:21 PM)Spacemanspiff Wrote:  Spacemanspiff is one of Calvin's alter egos from 'Calvin & Hobbes'. I've used it as a handle on many boards and forums since around '94. I was a big fan of Watterson's work and my handle is an homage to Calvin and my amateur fascination with all things extraterrestrial!

One of my all time favorites... right up there with Bloom County & Outland.
Welcome to the zoo "Spiff"

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.