Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Your online "Handle"
04-03-2011, 04:04 PM
RE: Your online "Handle"
(04-03-2011 02:00 PM)Soddy Wrote:  Soddy is the handle I use on related boards. It is a shortened version of Sodoff Baldrick - Baldrick being a character on the Blackadder TV series in the UK. "Sod off" is a not so nice phrase believed to have been his first name. "Sod off, Baldrick."

Somewhere along the line people shortened it to Soddy, and it's stuck.

Ah, I thought it was a Blackadder reference.
Welcome to the forum. There's a few Blackadder fans here.

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
04-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Wavescribe is from my profession: news photographer, photojournalist, camera man, whatever. The word, "photojournalist" is a combination of "photo", meaning "light", and "journalist", meaning "writer". So, basically I write with light. Light is made up of waves. Scribe is another name for a writer, thus, Wavescribe. It is also my Twitter name.
04-04-2011, 07:44 AM
Well, ever one to state the obvious, my "handle" came about because I originally hail from Scotland...well...that and I couldn't think of anything else at the time! Big Grin

There's a lot of it about.
04-04-2011, 02:43 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 02:43 PM by Mufasa.)
Welcome all new peeps - glad to see your smiling faces (Ghost Girl... turn around so we can see you!)

"But John came fifth and won a toaster... "
Thanks Lass, I just snorted Mountain Dew all over my screen...

Most of us are so caught up in life that we forget to live it.
04-04-2011, 03:50 PM (This post was last modified: 04-04-2011 03:50 PM by Scottish_lass.)
Quote:"But John came fifth and won a toaster... "

Dont'cha just hate it when that happens! Tongue

There's a lot of it about.
04-04-2011, 04:31 PM
(04-04-2011 03:50 PM)Scottish_lass Wrote:  
Quote:"But John came fifth and won a toaster... "

Dont'cha just hate it when that happens! Tongue

Could be worse - could be Talisker..........arrrrgggh!

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-04-2011, 07:37 PM
(04-04-2011 02:43 PM)Mufasa Wrote:  Welcome all new peeps - glad to see your smiling faces (Ghost Girl... turn around so we can see you!)

"But John came fifth and won a toaster... "

That is a really good line!
Welcome to the forum.

04-06-2011, 12:23 PM (This post was last modified: 04-06-2011 12:23 PM by poil27.)
my handle is a nick name my girlfreind gives me. Poil mean hair and 27 wan my race number i used a while back in rc car competition , here you have it i'm a hairy rc car racer that love to cook Tongue

i would kindly like to ask your indulgence for my english, it's my second language and i'm not verry good at it.
04-06-2011, 12:27 PM
(04-06-2011 12:23 PM)poil27 Wrote:  my handle is a nick name my girlfreind gives me. Poil mean hair and 27 wan my race number i used a while back in rc car competition , here you have it i'm a hairy rc car racer that love to cook Tongue

i would kindly like to ask your indulgence for my english, it's my second language and i'm not verry good at it.

Welcome Poil27 - Good to have you here - English is my first language, and I am not that good with it either.Undecided

Presume your first is French? My eldest daughter is over in France at the moment learning French as her second language.

Living the dream over here in Blighty
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
04-08-2011, 12:39 PM (This post was last modified: 04-08-2011 12:40 PM by bonaire.)
Handle names - it's nice to know about some folks' names.

Mine, "bonaire" is based on the island in the Caribbean. Bonaire is a Dutch holding, part of the ABC islands of (Aruba,Bonaire,Curacao), that I learned about when I had an interest in scuba diving in the early 90s. I only took a scuba class and got the first certification but I was always determined to some day go dive in the caribbean. Hasn't happened yet - someday. Kind of a dream of mine to go somewhere nice like the island of Bonaire.